PC Favourite Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I was wondering what people's favourite and least favourite is and why.
    Basically I would like the negatives and positives of each route, so I know the best one to play.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think my favorite route is Long Island Rail Road. I think it would be better if there were more services, and if the signals were fixed but it’s still an enjoyable route. The branch lines make it interesting.

I think my least favorite route is either Rapid Transit, or, Northeast Corridor: New York. Rapid Transit I find a little boring because the route feels empty and you can’t run with PZB active. NEC is bad in terms of scenery, and the endpoints of the route are strange. I do like the ACS-64 and the Amfleets though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

My favourite route is probably NTP. The class 45 has such a nice sound, and the rest of the route is very nice too.
    Routes I like very much are MSB, RSN, HH, they are nice too, but not my favourite.
    And the least liked route is RT. Even though I don't play with PZB, the route feels empty, the sounds of the train are not really accurate, and it just seems to be a bit boring

• Like Like x 1
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Id have to agree. Mine as well. I like the historical aspect. Two heavy locos, one express or semi and the railbus -which in its own right is a hoot to operate

Scenery, canals and two large cities either end do it for me.

Id really like another historical dlc - or atleast late 50s to 70s deisels

• Like Like x 4
  5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I might have to go with NTP. Great services, great route, and absolutely amazing rolling stock, even without freight. The last couple of German routes have also been pretty good, and LIRR is a pretty good route too, even with the lack of services and small signalling problems (the M7 sounds great).

I know it isn't the most feature-packed route, but I enjoy WSR too as a kind of relaxing, calm route. The scenery is just completely serene.

I'd love to see a better US route, though, preferably with freight... hopefully next month I'll have a new favorite.

And yeah, RT is the worst route, and NEC the second worst. HH and GWE aren't bad, but the newer DLC are better and I'm kind of waiting on the CSX loco physics update for HH anyway.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. zero909

zero909 Member

Its a close decision about the favorite route for me between MSB and NTP. If the latter one had freight I would go with that but since it hasn’t (yet) I choose MSB. Nice variety, tons of traffic and good (but not great) scenery.

Least favorite is RT for the flaws it has around PZB and the lack of variety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 37114

37114 Active Member

MSB is great for the traffic and the route even though it's a bit short. NTP is pretty much my local line so it's nice to see it especially set in the 80s but it desperately needs some freight. Here's hoping a 37 is coming soon!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

NTP because it looks realistic but I like MSB or LIRR

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

For me my favourite is NTP mainly as it is set in my favourite period and I like the scenery and the variety of signalling. Also the Peaks are my favourite loco's and first generation DMU's are my favourite trains so good to get to drive on in the sim. I think a freight pack will really bring it to life. Also I would love to see more DLC for it in the future as you would see quite a variety of loco's (and DMU's which are usually forgotten) in that area at that time.

Least favourite is probably the NEC as it feels lifeless and the variety of traffic is limited. I do enjoy the approach to New York Penn though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

My favorite services are the freight services on the NEC. Especially the series where you are either breaking down a consist and placing them on the different sidings in the yards. Nothing better in my opinion then spotting cars on a siding. . For just running down the rails, then RSN or NTP compete for my top billing.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I quite like running the stopping services in and out of Paddington on GWE. Starting somewhere like Greenford, running into Paddington, then once at Paddington changing ends following the correct procedure, making a quick real-world cup of tea and then departing back off to Greenford or Reading.

Also as LeadCatcher says, just switching cars on the NEC route whilst the Amtrak services roll past is a nice way of playing the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 37114

37114 Active Member

GWE just annoys me with the lack of flashing yellows and the crazy routing that a lot of the trains get. One I'm looking forward to creating scenarios for though when we finally get the editor

• Like Like x 1
  13. Digital Draftsman

Yes, that's true and annoying, you have to drive assuming every yellow is followed by a red rather than a potential steady yellow, so you often end up late. I do wish they'd fix this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Technically you should anyway

15. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

West Somerset is very relaxed, if i want to just take in the scenery , or set speed records thats the one. The loco selection is prime as well

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Digital Draftsman

No, flashing yellow means to expect the next signal aspect to be steady yellow. You don't assume the next aspect might be red, otherwise there would be no point of having any aspects other than red, yellow and green.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hard to say. I love the shunting services at NEC. Now I am mainly driving Manchester-Leeds with the class 101.
    I also love WSR, but I have played all services and I am waiting for the editor. For the German routes, RSN is the best into my opnion.

I still think Sandpatch gives the best value for money, but we really need the content creation tools ...