Feather River Canyon Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmiller1234567890, Jan 8, 2023.

1. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

This is going to basically be a rehash of the TS classic route so for any inaccuracies please do comment below and I will endeavor to fix them.

About
    Western Pacific’s Feather River Canyon route is one of the most famous, scenic, and highly-engineered railroad lines in all of North America. The Western Pacific was a latecomer to America’s railroad scene – WP was not incorporated to build its main line from Salt Lake City to the San Francisco Bay Area until 1903, and its final spike was not driven until 1909. As a result, the Western Pacific was constructed to exceptional engineering standards that featured numerous high trestles, bridges, and tunnels, and a routing that topped the rugged Sierra Nevada Mountains with an eastbound ruling grade of 1 percent. I believe this should be set in the same time era at the TS classic version (late 1960's - early 1970's)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rollingstock
    (These ones either came with the route or could be gotten as dlc)

[​IMG]

GE U30B

[​IMG]
    EMD F7A & F7B

[​IMG]
    FP7 ‘California Zephyr’

[​IMG]
    EMD GP20 (High hood)

[​IMG]
    EMD GP35

(Other rollingstock that might have ran on the line)

[​IMG]

Alco S1

[​IMG]
    Alco S2

[​IMG]
    BALDWIN VO1000

[​IMG]
    EMD SW9

[​IMG]
    EMD GP7

[​IMG]
    EMD GP9

[​IMG]
    EMD FTA & FTB

[​IMG]
    GE U23B

[​IMG]
    EMD GP35

[​IMG]
    EMD GP40

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

It needs to happen sometime. Hopefully an extension could give us part of the Inside Gateway with a couple of Great Northern diesels. The Quincy RR could also be included or added as a future extension, with locos included to handle the QRR's lumber operations and interchanges with the WP at Quincy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Whippy107

Whippy107 Member

I would love this!! Anything that could feature the old mid-20th century North American passenger trains would be great.

4. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

DTG motto is build the simplest America route with the easiest locomotives to add to said route and sell it, making $$$ and only make one update fix on day one release then move on. They don't care about PC players only about their Console players and Passenger trains they care about as they make a percentage cut $$$ from consoles unlike PC. Game should have been called Passenger Train Sim because that's all you see all the time, I'm glad I got out of TSW going on 3 years Now.