Fed Up!!!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alpha_6859, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

If I ever play this game again I'll never go back to sandpatch. I've been trying for days to Cumberland charge not being able to get my train headed to viaduct junction. Even after following a few videos to the letter it doesn't work. I know I probably shouldn't have written this being as pissed as I am but I had to get it off my chest

• Like Like x 7
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Have you changed all the junctions ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve never played Sandpatch but I fully understand your frustrations. I only came to TSW2 about 4 months ago and as a total newbie not only to TSW2 but trains in general I admit I found it quite difficult and frustrating getting my head around how everything works etc. I’m starting to get my head around it all now, granted I’m only playing the British routes at the moment but the point being there will be something your not doing that when you know what it is you will be wondering why you didn’t realise.

As for sounding off on here because of frustrations, feel free I say because your not alone. I’ve done my fair share and it does make you feel better. :D

Edit.. Your not saving and going back to it later are you? It might sound stupid but I’ve encountered a saving bug especially on one WSR scenario where I always got a red light that never changed.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

I fully understand the frustration and it is ok to mention it. There is definitely something wrong with this route and i have wasted a lot of time with it. My experience after 4 month TSW2: enjoy whatever is working fine and forget the remaining.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I can feel your frustration and also had my fair share of it (not on SPG but some other routes). Could you provide more details about the scenario/timetable service and locomotives concerned? What is the issue, does the train not move (a classic!) or other?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Frank has it in one, if its broke leave it be... preservation crew will pick it up in a month... or two... or a year... or t.... let's not pull that thread

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I'm not sure if t understand what you mean but if you mean setting up all the locos correctly then yes. But if that's not what you mean then any help would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Hey man thanks for that. Nah I'm going to play again I just need to cool down.

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I meant the triangles in circles on the map

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

No problem man I probably should have posted the scenerio. It's Cumberland charge. I'm having trouble getting going again from Sand Patch headed to Viaduct junction. I'm on a 1.2% incline and can't get going again

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Because it's a scenerio those are all set. The problem isn't going in the wrong direction it's not being able to get my train restarted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. li150special

Have you tried releasing the automatic brake and putting the independent brake to 100%. Then read the value on the BP gauge (brake pipe). It should be increasing, finally up to 90 or so. On a long train, it may take a while, even a couple of minutes, for the air brakes to fully release. Before that has taken place, the train will not move again, as the brakes still exert a force on the wheels.

Matt shows an example of this from 3.20.00 hrs onwards in this excellent video.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I haven't tried it that precisely meaning off by one number but I have tried it but unfortunately no luck. I can try it again and maybe wait a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

That's a pretty good way to look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. li150special

In addition, sometimes the trailing locos are set up incorrectly in terms of braking as well. While it may still be possible for the locos to pull the train on a flat plane, it may be impossible to get going again on a gradient after a halt. Have you checked the setup prior to departure?

Also, I don't know whether the scenario involves distributed power with locos at the end. In that case, have you ensured that the radio and radio fuse are on and that the brake setup on the loco at the back is correct as well?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Thanks man I've actually taken that long walk just to make sure the rear locos were correctly set up and still nothin.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I might have figured it out. TBD

• Like Like x 1
  18. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

I'm also having the same problem, when I stop, train gets pulled backwards and lots of wheel slip.
    Think I have the engines set up properly.