Feedback On The New Weather

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Br425, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Dynamic weather: I love the feature, it's great fun, but it is "too dynamic" sometimes. When I start a service in light clouds, from my experiences it always starts raining after a bit. In my opinion, that is too often.
    Clouds changing in number and size is good, that can happen much, but the chance for it to rain needs to be lower.

Thunderstorms:
    Also a great addition, but there is much to improve here:
    - Lightning is only rarely seen as bolts in reality, mostly you only see the sky light up.
    - Thunder should be hearable inside the train when the lightning is nearby
    - In general, thunderstorms should be rarer. From my experiences, when it starts to rain, there always comes a thunderstorm with it. That is way too often, the chances should be decreased. I almost always end up in a thunderstorm when starting a service in clear weather.
    - Lightning still also comes in tunnels and under roofs, that needs to be fixed

• Like Like x 7
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback. It is random, but with 4 seasonal variants making certain weather types more possible depending on the season.

There may be tweaks that can be made, but we'll gather as much feedback as we can before/if we change anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Totally agree on that!

Yes definitely

• Like Like x 1