Feet Instead Yard

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

On the Cajon Pass route, the distances are sometimes shown in yards (as usual), but mostly in feet. So instead of 1666yd the counter counts 5000ft.

I always use imperial units on UK and US routes and got used to them quickly - without really being able to estimate or convert them. But if feet are now also displayed instead of yards, I simply can't keep up here!

Please fix this setting with the next patch, it's really very confusing!

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Try searching before posting. A quick search for "feet yards" delivers this... ;)
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/solved-can-we-have-yards-back-please.58017/

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

You can amend this in the settings.

4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

What I have found, as soon as you get into the game, go into setting and check what is there and how it will affect your own setup of the game. I had to change the screen resolution to reflect my 4k setup and changed other things, including this feet setting back to yards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Feet and Yards are easily converted - just multiply or divide by 3! It's these new-fangled metres that confuse me! :D

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The other thing is, don't forget to hit the apply button as often as it appears on the bottom right. I lost some of my settings, like screen res, a couple of times because of this.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Ah ok! Thank you!

Had the setting on automatic, like in TSW2...

But what sense does it make to specify these distances in feet? That would be a bit like converting kilometers to millimeters in the metric system. That's very impractical, who wants to convert that when approaching?

And with some settings, the "Apply" button does not appear and therefore changes are not applied. With the external cameras e.g. It works in TSW2. Is it still a mess?