Festival Of Steam Live Transmissions

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by nwp1, Jan 24, 2021.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

All weekend I have had various problems with mainly yesterday (Saturday) and the final day today being a nightmare. For me I have tried three different devices. Phone iPad and a laptop and everything goes wrong. I keep losing sound and as soon as the sound is back on, I then lose the picture. I get about two minutes with it working properly and then it crashes again. I hope no one else has missed it. Don’t have this problem with You Tube. I hope next year you will use a different streaming platform.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Is this an issue with Twitch? This is not clear.

3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I think I found the answer after four days of frustration as finally it has worked well by not logging in. Unusual!

Didn’t try twitch at all, I tried accessing it via live@dovetail etc and via Twitter and Facebook. Didn’t know it was on Twitch.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

It may not be. I was asking because it wasn't clear what you were accessing.

5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback everyone.
    The Festival Of Rail is a unique event to Steam which complicates things, but doesn't mean we can't look at tech set up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. whenden

whenden New Member

Lots of buffering on all 4 days,so stream was unwatchable for me.Have never had a problem with Twitch or YouTube so have no idea what was wrong,but i see i'm not the only one that had problems with the stream.