Fewer Dlcs On Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tanish, Jul 31, 2021.

1. tanish

tanish New Member

I got the tsw2 from Epic store, and in the dlc section there are only 11 dlcs, but on the steam store there are 38 dlcs, why is that? do I need to buy the game from steam in order to get those extra dlcs or will those dlcs be added to epic at some point in future?
    I'm thinking of buying the cane creek. But, if I have to switch to steam, then there's no point in buying the dlc from epic. Need help in making a decission.
    Thank you.

Note: I think the game just got added on epic on 29th july (I'm guessing that could be one of the reasons)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The preserved collection (ie DLC from TSW1) are not yet on EGS and will be added over time. Keep an eye on the roadmaps for updates

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

DLC can only be purchased from the same store you bought the base game from. If you got it from Epic then you can only buy DLC from EGS. DLCs cannot be swapped between stores.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Do NOT try to buy DLC at steam you want to use when play from the epic game store. They will NOT work!!!!!

You also should take some time if you want to continue playing using the EGS store. It would cost you some money, but not much to switch to steam and buy the Rush Hour DeLuxe pack there. At the moment< I think steam offers a lot more and better functionality for game play. This is not important if you just play, but you will miss features like:

- Reviews
    - Steam Guides
    - A discussion forum (well not really the best for TSW2, but it is there)
    - Steam screenshots and the ability to share screenshots

So, having seen both, I prefer steam as a platform at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tanish

tanish New Member

Thanks, I think steam is a better option too and I trust steam a lot more than epic. And I did switch to steam also got the CN dlc but it's crashing. I think since I had the Epic version installed earlier (which I did uninstall before installing the steam version), I think it's still trying to log me into epic. Gonna make a post, try and get some help.

6. tanish

tanish New Member

I would have stayed with the EG version but, read a bunch of bad things about EG customer service, also I don't have a proper payment option for EG set up which I have for steam. So, I think it's better to switch now, than have problems later.

7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The frequent Steam sales are the primary attraction for me, but indeed all those other features are valuable too.

Cheers