Fgw Livery For The Hst And For The Class 166

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ionutmineadaniel, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

The HSTs were mostly in FGW livery in 2015 when the Great Western express route is set in

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Even in 2019 when the HSTs went, most power cars were still in FGW dynamic lines livery and not many power cars and coaches had GWR livery. Even fewer had the GWR interior refurbishment.

I just checked and thanks to the 125group I can see only 24 power cars (out of 119 if I remember correctly) have the GWR livery which means 95 power cars in 2018/2019 were in the FGW livery which is 80%.

As discussed in previous threads, it is very unlikely that they are going to touch the GWE route. There are a lot of problems with it most notably the issue with the HST physics so what colour it is painted has no significance to me. If anything, I would be more annoyed because if they put the effort to paint the HST in a different colour, they must be able to give some time to fixing the HST and updating the GWE route which are far bigger issues.

Also, key question is if they do decide to give new liveries to the HST and turbo, whose going to pay for it or is it going to be a free update? Or £5 add on? The latter is obviously an absurd idea and equally I can’t see the developers spending time just for new liveries on a relatively very old route.

A reasonable idea could be adding some branch lines (Windsor, Greenford, Henley, Marlow) and/or mainline up to Didcot Parkway, fix signalling issues and HST physics, add some more variety and scenarios such as coupling/uncoupling of turbos and increase traffic if possible to encounter more cautionary aspects, add another traction such as the Class 800 in diesel only mode and/or Class 387 up to Hayes and Harlington. Maybe even attempt at ATP on the HSTs and turbos. I’d be happy to pay £25 if they do this properly but as I say, I don’t think they’ll touch the GWE with a barge pole.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Its in the game files. a
    ctually, a little while ago a Dev build was leaked which included this FGW livery of the train. Matt confirmed this. So we can expect it as either a DLC or a free update. But be patient! We don't want them to rush it.
    EDIT:
    Full information is over here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/guide-to-downloading-the-fgw-hst.21385/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  4. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

surely adding new livery would be easier than extending a route

5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Of course. How silly of me. We could have the HST physics fixed. We could have the signalling issues resolved. We could have more scenarios to increase variety. We could have an automated guard and CD/RA indicators. We could have dynamic weather and low adhesion conditions or <insert feature here>. We could even have an extension to the route or another traction.

But no, let’s change the colour of the train from green to purple.

I can finally go to sleep at night, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

If they intend on making no improvements, as many of your suggestions, then why bother at all. As for it being old, this is only if not bothered with. I personally love the route (being a local) and would really appreciate DTG applying some TLC to it as they have with most other routes. I like your suggestions, especially inclusion of branches to Bourne End/Marlow, Henley, Windsor and Greenford.

• Like Like x 1