Fife Circle Line: Edinburgh - Dumfermline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simon_fielding, Nov 17, 2021.

1. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

The Fife Circle Line is 49 miles (78km) long and goes from Edinburgh up to Kirkcaldy (splits at Inverkeithing), then turns off to Glenrothes with Thornton, and carries on back to Inverkeithing via Dumfermline then back to Edinburgh Waverley. There are 19 stations and here they are: Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, South Gyle, Edinburgh Gateway, Dalmeny, North Queensferry, Inverkeithing, Dalgety Bay, Aberdour, Burntisland, Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes with Thornton, Cardenden, Lochgelly, Cowdenbeath, Dumfermline Queen Margaret, Dumfermline Town and Rosyth.

The rolling stock on this route could have a Scot Rail Class 170, Class 158 and Class 68. There could also be a Class 67/66 for freight.
    BBFCF9F7-2CE1-4F9B-AC9F-8F27ED680F2E.jpeg E8C43EC0-088B-477B-8350-FE29BFE7ED2C.jpeg 02FBC9A1-9E5C-48BE-B4BD-53688DD1FCED.jpeg 2A5BDD4F-E046-4BFA-9B81-9D3DB99C4043.jpeg 9C4574FB-6AA9-4584-A1D5-60886396E882.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  2. opgames

opgames Active Member

Good suggestion but what about Markinch?

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to bring this classic train simulator 22 Route to TSW2 The highlight being the Forth Railway Bridge.

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

"Classic" would be an appropriate term for something such as Edinburgh - Glasgow. Fife Circle only showed up, what, less than two years ago? And, the route's also from real life, so why does it matter it was/is a Train Simulator route?

And also, the Fife Circle line has far more than the Forth Bridge (despite it's almighty glory), Fife is home to wonderful rolling hills (despite my contempt for the fifers, however that's a different story), and Edinburgh Waverley is a magnificent station.

So, I don't see how anything you said adds anything here.

The Fife Circle Line is one of the few routes in Scotland I've never been on (although I've been throughout Fife), and it's really a wonderful place. I did play this on TS, so I know the driving experience, and it's really a nice route to drive.

And the route would be excellent on TSW, especially overlooking the Forth crossing the bridge, and onto the North Sea on the eastern section of the Circle.

A Turbostar and a 158 would both be great for TSW as well, very nice trains and interesting to drive (from experience in TS).

Nice Suggestion, simon_fielding :).

• Like Like x 2
  5. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Heres how i would work with the route
    Class 170 and 68 come with the route,
    Class 66 layers from ECW
    Class 158 is a dlc that comes later
    If the 67 comes later for another route it should later over
    Saltire livery mk2s wouldn't be too difficult.
    I think a lot of the community would love this route to happen, not only because of it introducing another Scottish route, but the fact that it would bring SO many opportunities for livery and scenario planner

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Every time this route gets mentioned I always have to add my support, its the route I want most in the game :)
    I think that's a very good idea :)
    Totally agree :)

• Like Like x 1