Finally Took The Plunge With Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by davejc64, Nov 16, 2020.

1. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Originally I wasn't going to, but when I see the collectors edition for £19.99 it seemed rude not to its downloading as I type this.

• Like Like x 4
  2. davejc64

Just realised I didn't mention where I got it from it was a site called CDKeys.

3. Maxboy444

Maxboy444 Member

I wouldn’t trust those websites to be honest. But, what do you exactly ask for?

• Like Like x 2
  4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

A good decision and a pretty good price too!

I've used CD Keys before and I've never had an issue. I always pick up the PSN top up cards from there to purchase any addons for the PlayStation version of TSW, as it saves a small amount. i.e. £25 top up card is £22.99.

• Like Like x 2
  5. davejc64

What's not to trust I paid my money and got what I paid for a download key for steam.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Dave. TSW2 is surprisingly good and has even kicked the new Flight Sim off my most played games of the moment. There are a few warts but it is a huge improvement in many areas over TSW1, I particularly like the Class 45 both sounds and physics and the 37 has been improved over its initial appearance in the first version. I've actually put more money DTG's way in the last 2 - 3 weeks, than the previous two years!

7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

If you like trains you’ll be glad you did.
    It’s not perfect and there’s always someone finding fault, but at it’s best it can be very immersive.

8. davejc64

Well I've had a little play and look around the various routes, it's great to see that routes I bought for TSW 1 are imported into TSW 2, I'm really impressed with the Bakerloo line, really enjoy driving that but I wont be applying for a job with TFL quite yet, as I have not quite got judging the stopping points right yet and my braking skills need to be improved a lot, as I would have rather a few unhappy commuters to say the least, but on the whole I'm happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're having fun Dave. As I said above, I was more than a little sceptical given my track record with all things Railworks (!) and TSW1 but I continue to get huge enjoyment out of TSW2. The ability to run a full timetable and actually walk round the locations, decide to travel if you don't want to drive for me fulfills the ambition of what I wanted to see in a train sim when I first started campaigning with "Vern's Rail Pages" way back in 1998!

• Like Like x 2
  10. davejc64

Yeah I've been train simming since MSTS, I'm hoping the likes of Just Trains will jump aboard TSW 2 be nice to see versions of their routes and rolling stock in TSW 2, be also nice to see it opened up to some of the very talented freeware producers that we have in the Train simming community too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

As Matt once said Tsw is all about braking.
    Surprising how varied it is.