Finding Scenarios In The Workshop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisW, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

How do I find scenarios for particular routes in the Workshop? I've tried using the checkboxes on the right hand side of the page but get no results when selecting what I imagine would be popular routes e.g. WCML North, WCML Over Shap, London - Bedford, London - Peterborough. Are there really no scenarios for these routes or is there another way to search?

2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

I’m not an expert myself, so maybe someone else will be able to give you more elaborate advice, but in general what you just described is more or less the way how you search for workshop scenarios. However, it’s up to the creator what tags he/she uses in conjunction with the workshop item. Thus, sometimes it’s useful to search for example by using the rolling stock/locos as a search criteria, if you know what kind of rolling stock is used on that particular route, cause it might be that the route itself is not taged. Furthermore, it’s worth to check that you haven’t accidentally checked any unwanted tags from the list, which might affect the search results.

This is all I can assist you with my experience. Not much - sorry!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

Thanks, I think you're right that it's an issue with which tags the scenarios have been given.

I can find some scenarios for WCML Over Shap by doing a text search for "shap". If I look at the list of tags on one of these scenarios, there's a "Wcml Over Shap" tag which I can click to take me to a whole list of scenarios with that tag. But this tag must be different to the one in the list of routes on the right hand side of the page ("West Coast Main Line Over Shap Route Add-On") which gives zero results.

I think with over 18,000 items in the Workshop we could do with a better system for finding things!

• Like Like x 1
  4. eri

eri Member

when i go workshop..i look for the search bar. I type in the route i am looking for....i have gained alot of scenarios that way....but i find it works...

5. mrsandman

mrsandman New Member

I use Search bar, but still hit and miss...eg. earlier today I typed in 'Cajon Pass'---0 hits...then typed 'Cajon' ---30 PAGES of hits...go figure...

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues when searching the workshop. I have typed in cajon pass and have got results back of 7 pages of content.

7. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I wish that the "tag" list had some kind of order to it, preferably alphabetical, but also alphabetically grouped by routes, engines, wagons, etc.
    I'd also like to know how to add "tags" to my scenarios and why tagged items do not always appear in the tag list. For example, I have made several scenarios using the BR 261 Voith Gravita engine, but in the tag list, that loco is shown with 0 tags.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018