First Greenbriar Turn - Part 7

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hawks5896, Apr 24, 2021.

1. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Ran into a situation during this timetable service...

After Dropping off the hoppers at Caney Station the caboose is on one track and the main train is on the second track, At this point you are to drive the main train some 900 yards onward where the two tracks converge, reverse and couple to the caboose and the continue to Dante. As you pull forward the third track present merges into track 2 (yellow signal) some 250 yards up the road. Directly after that is a red signal protecting the convergence of tracks 1 and 2. Upon approach I contacted dispatch and was told to proceed at a restricted speed. Running past the signal led to the timetable crashing as I obviously ran the signal despite the dispatchers instruction.

Next time as I approached the signal I again got the "proceed at restricted speed", so I contacted him again and this time I got "Denied - train in section ahead". Sure enough as I waited a train came up from the direction of Dante - but this is a problem as the caboose blocks one track, my train the second track.
    So the AI train stops in front of the caboose, and then what?

I even stopped short of the yellow signal where tracks 2 and 3 converge figuring he could go around tracks 1 and 2 on track 3 but no go the AI train again stops in front of the caboose.

Has anyone seen this before - and what is the solution if any

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yes, had this issue as well, the only way to beat it is to try and get to the siding and do the drop off as fast as possible, as you have to beat the northbound train before it gets close enough to get priority on the mainline.

3. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

I was able to complete this timetable by travelling to Caney Storage within normal speed limits. When I arrived I used the external view function to speed to the caboose (no walking) and uncouple it - this would simulate a brakeman aboard the van doing the uncoupling.
    Then I backed the train into the requested siding and stopped a soon as the marker allowed. Again I used the external view (again no walking) to travel to the spot and uncoupled the 12 cars (again the brakeman would be doing this). Then it was back to the signal - which when I contacted the dispatcher turned yellow - proceed at restricted speed. I backed upon, coupled to the caboose and headed for Dante. I was stopped at a red signal about 1.3 miles down the route - where the train that previously interfered with the Caney switching passed me without incident.
    Sure wish I knew you could do things from the external view when I was playing SPG - several of those walks were quite tedious LOL

4. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Is this problem fixed yet?
    I wanna finish that scenario but I don't wanna drive half the service only to find out it's still unfinishable :)

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There never was a problem: you simply have to work fast.