The Catch Fish Fights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chizzckh, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

With future titles in mind. Just wondering what the feeling is on how long playing a fish should take?

I'll exclude Boss fish from this for now.

My general feeling is its better to have shorter fights rather than longer for the game overall. The fun in the game for me is what you are likely to catch next, so getting the bait back in the water is more of a priority.

A few species straight away I would like to see shorter fights with (Pacu, Pike and Siam Carp). I love the exotic waters/species since the introduction of them in FSW. I do though find it harder to spend time on these waters due to regular overly long fights with pretty much everything that swims in those venues. I appreciate some are very big but I do feel that for example a 60lb -70 Siam Carp shouldn't be equal to a 150lb Wels. Vice Versa 50lb Carp comes in far quicker than a 20lb Pacu.

Difficult balancing act of course and Boss fish do need to remain a different proposition to the rest.

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Chizzckh, thanks for these notes.

Balancing is always a big task for the development team, being able to strike a good level of difficulty and ease is something that requires a lot of time & a lot of players. We also need to consider game vs sim and getting a good balance between the two. It's something the team is looking at so we appreciate the feedback on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sifish#8352

sifish#8352 New Member

The best way to success is by using a Carp rod and a baitcaster together. See attached picture

Attached Files: