Fishing Sim World Fish Tiredness Meter

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by ImmortalSoul83, May 27, 2019.

1. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

Hey guess, Hope you all are still looking for ways to improve on the game. I thought of something. These markers you got above the lure or the fish. There is a circle around this maker that indicates how your retrieval is while reeling in our lure. Well this circle goes away as soon you hook a fish. This circle however could have a use while fighting a fish. Here's a image that I put together to show my idea.

If you notice how I place a circle around the marker. This is green, meaning the fish is at it's full strength. Orange/yellow indicates that fish is beginning to get tired. Red shows that the fish is completely exhausted and it ready to be landed soon. Could a feature like this be added in the future? Anyone else like the idea?

Right now. It's a guess to know when you be able to land a fish. Example. it took me 21 minutes to land 1 fish.. A large pike, The whole video never recorded some reason but it should give an idea of how close it came from not even catching this fish.

fish tiredness meter.jpg

[

• Like Like x 5
  2. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Any fish over 50lb takes way too long to land. Especily the 100lb +catfish at del mundo. 20 to 30 minuets to land one fish is realy annoying. I even think the 30lb to 50b fish take too long as well. 5 minutes is enough time for even a 200lb catfish. A tiredness meter somewhere on the ui might be a good idea .

• Like Like x 3
  3. ImmortalSoul83

Fish can spool you..

4. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

I see your drag setting is 22, do you not have 50lb line ?. You wont get spooled if you use that.

5. ImmortalSoul83

I do have the 50lb test. I wasn't sure to go higher cause some reason when fishing for bass tension shows high which don't makes sense.

6. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Oh ok. use 50lb test for everyting, drag setting between 35 and 40. Except for bass, because bass fishing is broken

7. michael.carver

michael.carver New Member

I'm not in favor of a fish tiredness meter, this is suppose to be a simulator. If you going to have it, then it you need it implement in a way, that it is not present during tournaments and allow customers to disable it if they desire.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ImmortalSoul83

Then some fish shouldn't take 20 minutes to land a fish. Some fish get tired early on and some fish don't. When you trying to reel in a carp or large pike. It shouldn't take a quarter of a time to catch it when your up against a 1hr long clock.

9. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

IT is easy to fix. When you hook a fish, (carp and catfish) Have the fish stay where you hooked it,and go left and right ,and out a bit. How it works now is it comes in to the rod top, then goes out comes in go's out several times, so the player has no idea if its tired or not.
    Real world fishing the fish will 90% of the time swim away from you ( sometimes towards you ) Fish should only be near rod tip when ready to land. If they program it to do that no need for a tiredness meter.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. ImmortalSoul83

Agreed with this one.. and you are absolutely right.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bonfirebob

bonfirebob New Member

Totally agree with Fredblog487.

12. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Indeed, when 4 or 5 people agree with a post, on a small forum,with not many views / players giving feedback, the developers need to take notice.
    They need to really take notice of certain aspects of the game and improve some of them. What astounds me is that they actually go real world fishing, And yet do not see that it needs to be more realistic, which they could easily program it.
    It is a enjoyable game, but could be so much better.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

14. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

agreed big fish some get tired faster some not so much but generally they will lose the fight in 5-10 mins those 30 min times or longer are usually for saltwater fishing

15. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Would love to see color meter that’s a great idea.