Gameplay [fixed] Cooked Timetable Crashes When Loading In Game

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by RedCraft98, Jun 8, 2024.

1. RedCraft98

RedCraft98 Active Member

Hello, I have a problem with my timetable when trying to load it in TSW4.

I have cooked and packed the timetable without any issues, but as soon as I load a service in game, it crashes. Additionally, the ABe 8/12 Allegra unit is not appearing in the menu, despite being included in about 80 playable services. I can only select the Ge 4/4 II, and when I select a service, the game crashes.

I also tried spawning in on foot, but instead of loading my timetable, the game loads the stock ARL timetable.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong and can help me fix it? Would really appreciate it :)

2. RedCraft98

RedCraft98 Active Member

Alright, I tried everything I could think of to stop the game from crashing when loading a service in my timetable. Nothing worked.

I'm all out of ideas, and actually, all out of patience as well. I just want to get this thing released now, otherwise I've done all this work for nothing and nobody.

So, if someone could help me with this issue, please reply.

3. MichaelPlant

MichaelPlant Well-Known Member

I think spawning on foot is broken for all modded timetables (and some official ones) at the moment, not just yours. Not sure about the crashing though, is the required DLC fields set?

You could also try asking in the Discord, there might be more people who have made modded timetables there that could help

• Like Like x 1
  4. classthrash#2930

classthrash#2930 Member

1) Does you cook, cook successfully?
    Does it say "cook command completed successfully"

Are you building a timetable or scenario using already existing assets?

The cooks become very unstable if you are using already cooked 3rd party assets. Everything needs to be a new named RVV,RVD, formations etc otherwise it will be unstable.

Check your (in windows) folders for duplicate RVV/RVD files.

See how you can on from there...

As for spawning on foot, even though default timetable is selected in the timetable definitions I've still not managed it!!

Good luck, keep me posted

5. CFTFC

CFTFC Active Member

As I can't see how you have your timetable set up these are just some thoughts about your issues.

ABe 8/12 Allegra not appearing in menu,
    - Are your formations in your plugin (reason for spawning on foot error along with note below)
    - Are these services on the default Timetable layer, if so move them to their own layer (I had the same issue on my TT and with thanks to 2TallTyler).

Game crashes means something is missing/corrupt,
    - Does the timetable simulate successfully.
    - Did you make any changes after simulating but before you cooked (i.e. DataTracks are out of date).
    - Does the timetable work in the Play in Editor.
    - Do you have any mods installed when you cooked the timetable (recommend removing them).
    - Are you using any already cooked assets. If so these will be ignored during cooking and you will need to copy them from your plugins Content folder to the Saved folder.
    - Have you used FModel to verify your Pak file is good (allows you to see all the files included in your DLC).

Spawning on foot is related to the recent core update (or above noted issue). If your remove the Required DLC from the layers it should work. Not sure if this is recommended or wait for fix from DTG.

I hope that helps and feel free to DM as I know the frustration of the PC Editor.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. RedCraft98

RedCraft98 Active Member

Thanks to you helpful people, I've managed to fix the game crash problem! :D
    However, the Allegra is still not appearing in the menu, even after moving all services to a dedicated layer. I did put the formations in my plugin as well.
    It might be worth mentioning that there are some services using the Ge 4/4 II in the newly created layer. Do I need to take them out, so that there are only Allegra services in this layer?
    Edit: Tried it, didn't work sadly.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  7. RedCraft98

RedCraft98 Active Member

Everything is fixed now! Thanks to CFTFC for pointing me in the right direction!

8. classthrash#2930

classthrash#2930 Member

What do you mean by :
    If your remove the Required DLC from the layers it should work. Not sure if this is recommended or wait for fix from DTG?

Which DLC?

9. CFTFC

CFTFC Active Member

"Required DLC plugins" is an option for Timetable Layers and Formations in the Editor. If the required DLC is not installed, then the formation or layer won't appear in game. Since the last update spawning on foot for many timetables (official and mods) puts you in the default timetable. I don't know what has changed but it seems layers and Required DLC are involved. I can get a small test timetable to work as intended but can't get my larger production one to work. So I would recommend to wait for DTG to fix as it also affects their timetables.