Flags For Other Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by josh_the_tech, Oct 25, 2020.

1. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Take two at typing this as I tried to add a screenshot and clicked the media gallery button, which removed all my text when trying to return to this post to finish it.

Anyway, in short, I noticed in a stream this week it was mentioned that adding flags for the other preserved collection routes would require the DLC to be re-downloaded again at a large file size.

A certain Czech TSW/TSW2 modder has already created a mod, which sits as an extra .pak file in the DLC folder at 48KB.

explorer_2020-10-25_12-22-41.jpg

I wonder if this could be done for consoles too, where instead of adding it into the specific routes, it sits as a separate .pak file as a layer on top of the existing DLC? I get the impression from some of the 3rd party community mods we've seen for TSW2020 and TSW2 that Unreal can be pretty modular and some of the responses I hear on the stream suggest a monolithic mindset may be in play within DTG?

I've purposely not shared the link to the website of the Czech modder as I don't know if that'd be allowed or not, but if Sam, Natalie or Jamie see this and would like me to link, I'd be happy to as getting in contact with them may provide more insight into how TSW2 can be further enhanced with a more modular approach (again assuming that is possible on console as I know the console experience is important)

• Like Like x 2