Flashlights And Headlights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sparkplug, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Sparkplug

Sparkplug New Member

The headlights on the locomotives in heavy haul are to dim. Watch you tube vids of trains at night and you will see they really light up the right of way. Also could you please make the flashlights a little brighter. Thank you. :D

• Like Like x 11
  2. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

I agree on this. Every locomotive headlight only lights up to about 15/20m in front of it, and the flashlight is useless any further than 5m. Especially on the Ruhr - Sieg route in the last scenario, there really is a lack of lighting.

3. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

To add some depth to this post:
    Check the image attached to this post. this is me in the DB BR 143, on a service run. I literally can't see the rails in front of my train, let alone the speed signs. My cellphone flashlight emits more light than these headlights.. If I was driving this train IRL, I wouldn't continue at all with this visibility, it's simply ridiculous.
    To add to this: they should really add some form of "adjusting" to darkness / brightness. The only game I can think of that implemented this brilliantly is Red Dead Redemption 2. If you enter a darker area, it slowly gets brighter, as if your eyes get used to the darkness. That would be very useful for running in a dark cab. Screenshot 2018-12-14 22.55.04.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

In many countries, the locomotive lights are more for warning rather than illumination. Early UK in particular. US is the exception in that the lights are for illumination. Several threads about this subject on the Steam TS2019 forums.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

6. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member