Fishing Sim World Float Fishing - Ideas For Improvement (north America)

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by mayer284, Feb 24, 2020.

1. mayer284

mayer284 New Member

Hello all,

New to this forum. I wanted to share some of my ideas which have probably been shared by others. Sorry if I am reposting others' ideas. I do appreciate Fishing Sim World and what it is trying to do. I have been having a lot of fun with it and like that it is representing lots of different ways of fishing in cool locations.

Now, for my recommendation;

I believe it should be significantly easier to consistently catch bluegills and crappies via float fishing. As far as I know, and I fish pretty often, the majority of bluegills caught in open water are on floats or bobbers. I think just using live bait on a float should be one of the better methods of attracting and catching various panfish such as the bluegill, crappie, and perch.

Not sure if the devs read through these very often. I want to be able to go after my panfish effectively using a bobber like I do all summer long up at the lake.

Thank you for your consideration!

2. disposablehero22

disposablehero22 New Member

I'm in agreement. I fish panfish quite often... bluegills are probably my favorite fish to both catch and eat. Anchoring up on a shallow point with a bobber in light winds usually catches the most panfish for me. If not with a float, then with a small soft bait on a light jig, cast out and count down a second per foot or so depending on line composition/test (monofilament floats, fluorocarbon sinks), then slowly retrieve with a few drops on the way back to the boat. One other tactic is using light 13 foot poles to jig around pencil reeds for crappies.
    These are tactics that I'd love to take advantage of in the game! It may be asking a lot though.