Fluff - Schrödinger's Train - A Bug Causing Some Smiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by triznya.andras, Dec 4, 2020.

1. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Hello, this thread ticks a few boxes and the main intent is to evoke some smiles, so I post it here instead of Technical Reports. (Also I don't suppose it would get fixed.)

So! Day 1 - During a free roam on Fall Ohio Steel 2, I take a long consist of coal from Massillon to Altizer. 38 casual miles of enjoying the scenery.

20201201125434_1.jpg

After dropping the 14 cars on the storage, I park my locos between two switches, knowing that leaving them on switches can get funny, and call it a day.

The next day I jump back to the locos and the ghost story begins. My loco is black, my loco is yellow.
    I proceed to pick up some finished products, represented by the white insulated tanks.

20201202204903_1.jpg

The front loco, the black SD40-2 just casually merges with the tanks. I notice that on the map, the blue path actually leads to the track with the coal gondolas, just like you can see on the HUD above. So, where is my train anyway? Hoping to fix the issue, I decide to uncouple - and the black loco just flies away, landing inside the pile of coal, trying to hide in shame. Also, much of the unload cars are moved by the quantum experience.

20201202204915_1.jpg (UP loco is under the Back button.)

So anyway, I reverse time and park the black loco on the blue track and just use the UP one. On my way back to Dover, I notice that Nick Warren taunts me to listen to his Soundgarden, by playing Soundgarden's most famous song, the Black Hole Sun.

20201202213845_1.jpg

2. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Forgot the CurrentSave. Not important, just for completeness' sake.

Attached Files:

3. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

So was this due to radioactivity or a misinterpretation of the quantum theory?:love: