Flying Scotsman 100 Spirit Of Steam Volume 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by terrybartlett1992, Sep 15, 2022.

1. terrybartlett1992

terrybartlett1992 Member

Since now TSW 3 is out I was thinking a new steam locomotive addition since you did the West Coast Main Line Crewe to Liverpool Lime Street you could do East Coast Main Line between York Scarborough & Harrogate via Leeds the locomotives that can be made is the LNER A4 Pacifics and of course the A3 Flying Scotsman for the 100 Birthday of the locomotive and Mallard's 80th Anniversary of her Speed record with Pullman coaches and Gresley Teaks plus LNER V2 mix traffic locomotive

• Like Like x 2
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

V2s are brilliant locos and a good choice of route.

3. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I'm all for that however, DTG announced SoS back in (I think) March 2021 and it wasn't until January this year that we got our first update on SoS and then we were able to play it in May..

The best era for the ECML would be the 1930s however, as it took DTG a year to build the SoS route, get the steam locomotives working properly etc, I highly doubt that an steam-based ECML route would be ready in time for Scotty's 100th being that we have only like 5 months until the big day unless they are doing something to celebrate secretly but given DTG's track record on classified information, we would probably have some information on that by Christmas