Focus On Rolling Stock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Marc Artigues, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Marc Artigues

Marc Artigues Member

Hi!

Other thay testing TSW3 I thought about missing things in this game and I think that we have slightly variety of rolling stock to play with the Simulator. Ok, you publish a route with rolling stock, but always are similar to the trains that we have in the Simulator. ( For me, it's not an immersive experience )

First thing I change is the mode you create locomotives. It's necessary have 4 143 one for each route for example? I think thats it's easier have only one locomotive per Class. You can update the locomotive to improve it only one time, not one by one for each route.

Second thing, LIVERIES PLEASE, Germany it's not only Deutsche Bahn, England it's not only Southern, or Southeastern. Yes, of course the routes are operated by this ones, but for example in Clapham Junction, you can see South West Trains for example. And you can sell it in a Marketplace similar to Train Simulator 2022 for a lower price if you want. It give more varierty to the scenarios, because you always see the same trains, the same commuter, the same freight trains... it's boring.

To finish, NEW ROLLING STOCK, of course, to complete the routes we have, to have more variety of trains running in the scenarios ( for example freight trains, special trains, maintenance trains etc... ) When Train Sim World comes out, you sell some locomotives without any route, only the locomotives, it's not necessary to create a route to create a locomotive or EMU or maybe a Coach or Wagon Pack.

I have a list with the rolling stock that I miss to have a good experience with the scenarios in this case in London Commuter DLC ( London to Brighton )

· Class 455 ( 455/7 - 455/8 - 455/9 )
    - Southern Livery
    - South West Trains Livery
    - Connex Livery
    - Network South East Livery
    - Optional British Rail Livery ( Routes are in Modern Era - Special Preserved Train )
    · Class 442 Wessex Electric
    - Gatwick Express Livery
    - South Western Railway Livery
    · Class 73
    - Gatwick Express Livery
    - Gatwick Express Intercity Livery
    - Network Rail Livery
    - GBRf Livery​

· Class 460 Juniper
    - Gatwick Express Livery
    - Special Promotional Liveries ( DELTA - Emirates )
    · Class 66
    - HANSON Livery
    - ACS Livery
    - Well, a lot of liveries.
    · Class 700
    - GOVIA Livery
    This is my suggestion about the game, more variety of trains, liveries, rolling stock in general to have a more inmersive experience. You can apply the idea for other routes like TGV Marseille Aginon, only with TGV is boring, SBB Luzern Route, only with the Flirt...

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 3
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG hardly ever do multiple liveries for trains, but that's what the creators club gives you. Unfortunately you can't limit the use of those skins to specific locos (which would be a next logical step for me)

442s would operate on the SW side of Clapham junction only in the time frame set, and there's only the on random HST that goes through that side of the station
    73s are mainly restricted to leaf mulch and railhead duties in timeframe
    460s haven't been around for a while in game timeframe

All of the above WOULD provide some "backdated action" but back then you would have the slam door EMUs as well so would need those to round out the passenger side of things

The 700 in Thameslink livery would of course be desirable to bring the big grey boxes to both BML and NKL routes

• Like Like x 1
  3. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Also realize that every needs to be licensed. Dtg have to get the license to use the livery and the train. The livery also has to match the era of the route and stuff otherwise people would complain about lack of realism. In terms of one version of the train, it comes down to technical reasons so you can't just have 1 version of it, each route needs their own at the moment.