Forming A Network

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andyscotland, Nov 7, 2022.

1. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

As much as I like the London routes they're all disjointed and there's no sense of a network about any of them, here surely is a network ready to be tapped into? The orange lines are the entire west Midlands network. Screenshot_20221107-190752_Office.jpg A massive network all joined together with a central hub, what's not to like?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

While I do agree in theory, I suspect the Cross City is probably the most interesting of the local routes from a scenery perspective. The Kidderminster – Stratford/Warwick bits also use Snow Hill and Moor Street instead of New Street, which is a 10 minute walk away, so I doubt, unfortunately, that they would ever build in such a way that you could get between them in game. Another reason why it would have been great to have BCC extended to Worcester with the 170, would be to link up with that line there (including some in-and-back-out action at Shrub Hill).

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for the German NRW routes these can join at Düsseldorf Koln & Duisburg Hbf using Aachen Mönchengladbach Düsseldorf/Duisburg Line Köln Düsseldorf Duisburg Wuppertal Düsseldorf Line and the International Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Utrecht lines. UK TVL and NTP can form a network using the missing Leeds York Darlington route.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The issue with this is if they do too much then it would all be concentrated in one part of the uk. People didn't like just having southern uk routes that had electrostars (ecw, bml, sehs). There's a whole north, a whole east, west and everything in between. And with us only seeing like a couple uk routes per year, I wouldn't want them all to be concentrated in a single area. I would rather have them in different parts so there's some variety

• Like Like x 2
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Agreed the Eastern region is the only BR region which hasn't seen anything at all and it has both the ECML and GEML along with other significant lines running through it.

Also before anyone says 'but Wales hasn't got anything' I know but I am talking about the BR regions where Wales is split between the WR and LMR both of which have routes in TSW.

6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Great idea. DTG could use this to connect up the routes and have one network per route. Also, you must have been in a hurry to make this because your battery was at 7%

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That's good and for the Rhein-Ruhr network, it can be expanded to connect to the Belgian railway network via Aachen Liege line L37 and the Dutch Railways Amsterdam Utrecht network by making Duisburg-Oberhausen-Emmerich am Rhein Arnhem Utrecht railway line the HDU merged form with HRR HDBU.
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg-Utrecht merged form with Rhein-Ruhr the Hollandstrecke Duisburg/Bochum-Utrecht. The benefit is that Mulheim Styrum gets to see freight from HRR to HDU and steam trains from Utrecht to Essen Steele Ost for Bochum Dahlhausen.