PC Forum Changes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The just posted changes to the forums made by Benjamin, do not sit well with me. Combining all platforms into a single forum will, to me, make it more confusing. If you are only interested in say, PC, it will be a hunting exercise to find what you want within all the Xbox and Play Station posts since they outweigh what we get for PC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I tend to read all the platform forums anyway because they all contain items of interest for PC players. Conflating them into one sub-forum will be fine with me.

Plus the use of labels will make it easy to pick out your own platform posts, if that's what you want.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I think it makes sense tbh. These forums aren't very busy to begin with, so less fragmentation could help facilitate discussion and keep everyone better informed. Additionally, the difference between Steam, Epic, and Xbox are relatively minor. PS has some more platform-specific issues, but hopefully the post flair can help keep those issues visible.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m glad they are doing this, I already read all three platforms forums, as there is a l oh g you can miss if you don’t. As long as everything can be clearly tagged, I think it will be a improvement.

5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Just tag the post appropriately if it pertains to a specific platform. I don't mind the consolidation.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Koranion

Koranion New Member

It would be great if reports can be bundled if they are related to one specific route (you can use currently tags for these of course but there are no real official tags for each route). Maybe one specific thread per route for such issues bug unrelated to the forums a better solution for the bugs should be found as currently all looks a bit messy.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll join those opposed to this idea. I'm a PC user and have absolutely no interest in other platforms. If this proposed change is made, I'll be a lot less likely to visit the forums at all.
    How about making it possible to override the change by selecting your preferred platform?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see a cross-platform on-topic forum. The suggestion forums have been abused for any cross-platform related discussion for too long. Although I also see use in platform specific (sub)forums for any platform-specific related discussion, we currently have no good place to discuss anything about the game that isn't specific to a platform.

I find myself exclusively reading the PC forums. As I do not own any console, and have no experience with them either, I see no point for me participating in the console forums. However, I realize there may also be discussions there not related to the consoles, just like we see these kinds of topics in the PC forums.

Summarized; a general cross-platform on-topic forum would be nice, but not sure it's a good idea to get rid of the platform specific forums.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

They're rarely about console-specific stuff (barring some announcements from DTG). A Playstation player will usually post in the PS section for general debate stuff (myself included). It was high time that we got a general discussion forum to fight this fragmentation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

There's already a filter system, where you tag the post with a prefix, so when you wrote this one, next to the headline/ title, there was a dropdown box that said something like 'add prefix' and would have had options for TSW2 or TSW3.

That's what they'll want you to use instead, so you'll have to select the relevant console and then can filter by console.

Attached Files:

11. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It would be more judicious, for DTG, instead of modifying the forum, would be that they answer in priority to the problems which one goes up. And this for all platforms.

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea as it enables more scope to support each other however as part of the posting I think if possible it should be mandatory to put platform prefix in

13. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I applaud the idea, there is a heck of a lot of non platform specific information that could be missed on both sides.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I believe platform prefixes are mandatory in the technical reports forum, which is OK. However, they don't belong in a General discussions forum, considering several of us here already concluded most topics aren't related to a specific platform.

15. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Me who does not speak English, and who passes everything by google translation, it will complicate the reading of the forum. Unless there is a possibility of being able to sort only what is for PC, for me.

16. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

As others have already mentioned, my general observation over the past ~1.75 years is that the discussion forums are always full of interesting information for all platforms and users. The true differences are often only in the technical issues/reports department, and there’s a wholly different subforum for that anyways.
    When there’s a big new topic, like the recent DLC teasers, there are often 2-3 different threads about the same thing in all the different platform discussion forums. This just spreads out the userbase unnecessarily and has surely deprived us of some great conversations in the past.

I’m personally really glad about this decision to combine the three discussion forums - would have done exactly the same!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On the contrary’s- with the disappearance of the individual platform forums it becomes more important to be able to ifentify issues which are particular to one platform.

18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

"Issues" belong in the Technical Reports forum.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

No, I don't mean bugs. I mean issues like how to set up DPU, or when to start braking on approach into a station, or the proper ways of using the 143's traction force lever- all game related, not platform specific and not bugs.

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not sure we understand each other. All those examples you listed, are indeed not platform specific, so wouldn't need any tags (like the majority of topics, probably).

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

No, they don't- but they shouldn't be scattered across three forums as they are now

22. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree, so I don't quite understand why we are having a discussion between us two. So far, we seem to share the same opinion. :P

• Like Like x 1