Forum: Ratings And Points

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Doomotron, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This is a question about the forum software that DTG Live (and many other) are based on. If you go onto a profile page of a user, it'll show the message count as well as two more things I'd like to ask about: ratings and trophy points. For ratings, it shows 830. Below it shows what the 830 is made of (781 likes, 49 helpfuls), but when downvotes were a thing, how did they interact with the positive rating count? Did they do nothing and just exist separately, or did they take away from the positive rating count? If so, I'd have a much lower number considering how much people hate me on here. :D

And as for trophy points, I understand these are earnt from getting trophies, but do they do anything themselves? Or are they just a grand total of your awards? And if it's the latter, do they have a hard limit, where you cannot get any more?

Going back to downvotes, should they ever be added back again, would ones earnt before they were removed be re-added?

Finally, I'd like to talk about the forum software itself. It is based on one type of software (XenForo or something like that?) which GTPlanet and RailUK Forums also use. But RailUK appears to have an updated version of the software. Will/can the DTG forums be updated to this new version for free, or would DTG have to pay again?