Four Years And Counting.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ShadowSteel18, Oct 3, 2019.

1. ShadowSteel18

ShadowSteel18 Member

Well it's been four years since I got my first copy of what I often call Railworks and it has quickly become my goto game on Steam. I have spent over 3700+ hours in the game and have spent over $1500 USD on various DLCs, but all of this can be traced back to the year 2003 when I got my first copy Microsoft Train Simulator.

I spend just as many hours in that one game than I did any other game. Whether it was riding a freight down Marias Pass, or operating the Empire State Express through the NorthEast Corridor I could always find something to do.

Fast forward to 2015 and I see the news that the Union Pacific's famous "Big Blows" 8500 HP Turbines are coming to Railworks.. By this time I had moved on from Microsoft Train Simulator to the only real competitor to Railworks, Trainz: A New Era. Because of this I ended up mistaking the news to be for Trainz and not Railworks. However I quickly pieced together that the Turbines were for a game that my dad had shown me years earlier and where I had first heard the name Railworks.

Before the Turbines had even been released I bought my first route, The NorthEast Corridor: New York to New Haven. Once I got itno the game I then realized that the controls to operate the various locomotives were the exact same as those on Microsoft Train Simulator. This helped me feel right at home.
    As I mentioned before I have over 3700+ hours in the game a good portion of which came from a YouTube Series I called "Railworks Sundays".. The series was based (if not almost directly copied) from another series "Train Sim Live", and much like "Train Sim Live" it became the flagship series of my channel.
    13508929_1141034285917338_8529946222085093008_n.jpg
    There is a lot more to this story but I may have to save it for another time.

• Like Like x 2