Fps Issue In All Routes

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by pennsy_railfan, Jun 15, 2019.

1. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

So recently the fps has been off lately. Example Morristown & Coast line 60 originally now mix of 45-58 FPS. note I turned off the cab light in the engine and I contacted dovetail. Dovetail said "
    Your DxDiag notes your running the game at 1440p which is a demanding resolution your GTX 1060 3GB is not suitable for.

Accordingly, you'd need to lower your ingame settings or render scaling to get your target frame rate.

Previously you may have been running the game at 1080p and the update possibly with Geforce Experience has now changed this to match your monitor". Also, i asked should i changed the resolution in game and they said "
    You can either do so ingame or via the Nvidia control panel.

The game doesn't really need to run above 30FPS due to the gameplay so you may wish to choose graphical detail over frame rate".

Anyone know what settings I got to use in the control panel. I don't really want to play with the settings in train simulator because I feel like the nvida gefroce can fix this better.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you read the base info for TS2019 it has this
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better

Try going in to Settings and Reduce some of the sliders and see if that helps

Peter

3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Try reinstalling Visual C++ that did it for me, it's under Add/Remove Programs, reinstall all of the redistributable files (well repair, not reinstall)

That seems to help as the c3d.renderengine.cpp is a C++ file and the render engine relies on files from this redistributable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pennsy_railfan

I don't see a folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks that has add/remove programs

5. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

There should be settings in there that you can adjust to boost your framerates for the games you play, but this will result in quality reduction. Try following this video, it should help you: .

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs ;)

Control Panel does help but TS keeps dropping to 15 FPS and 20, its capable of 60/70 FPS even higher.

7. George Tea

George Tea New Member

I have also a 1030 GT but I only Play on 1080p Full HD with high Settings very fluent (40-60 FPS) I have a i5-9400F and only a SSD drive, which is as far as I heard good for the Performance but I would not expect to run it on 4K Resolution on this Performance.

8. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

The FPS is fine but for me too but for some reason either the tile loading or the game itself has causes the awful "driver has stopped responding and recovered bug" the drop in FPS causes my GPU to bug out

9. pennsy_railfan

ok so I'm having the issue again but this time dovetail said You appear to be running your GPU at a resolution it's not entirely suitable for please try reducing your settings if you wish to get the smoothest possible frame rate. what should I do now?

10. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Go to the ingame settings (top right corner in the main menu) and set the resolution to 1920x1080. Then restart the game.

edit: also make sure that the antialiasing is set to FXAA only.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. pennsy_railfan

ok also just as a side note my monitor is 2560x1440 and I'm using the 64-bit version