Frame Rate Limit

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by capncol, Oct 26, 2018.

1. capncol

capncol Member

Good evening all,

I have a little issue with trying to limit the frame rate. When I was using the 32 bit version (seems such a long time ago now) I was able to limit the frame rate by using the "code" -FPSLimit=30 in the steam properties. It still works in 32bit but not with the 64 bit version. Have I done something wrong or does this not work in the new 64 bit version?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

PS happy with the 64 bit upgrade :)

Colin

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've got this working fine so it's not the game.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\RailWorks64.exe" -FPSLimit=15
    Note the limit is outside of the quotes

3. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Under settings if you set it to highest graphics it will also fix the frame rate glitch.

4. ARuscoe

Not on my machine it doesn't, the machine still tries to render at as high a rate as possible which just slows everything down

5. capncol

capncol Member

Well using the script -FPSLimit=30 (or whatever number) just does not work for me in the 64 bit version, but it does in 32 bit. I did however try moving the graphics settings to almost the limit and the sim itself looks much better and the frame rates are alot lower.
    I was getting over 60-70 which reduced to about 20 in high density areas but the sim now runs around 25 to 30 (only occasionally going higher) but is much more stable.
    My biggest issue was the massive stutter when the FR would go to about 4 and begin a slide show. That seems to be improved, for now at least.
    Just goes to show all pc's are different but there are so many things you need to try to get it how you like.

6. ARuscoe

Works fine on both versions.

remember to put the FPS OUTSIDE of the speech marks