PC Frame Rate

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BlackTabby, Feb 23, 2021.

1. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

I play on a Razer Blade 15 laptop with 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 Max-q, Intel i7-8750 CPU, and a 60hz refresh rate, and yet I also get sudden lag spikes in Train Sim World 2. My frame rate is smooth, but then I just get a sudden Drop down to less than 25. Can someone please help me out?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Limit your framerate to 60 and turn on VSync.

3. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

In game, or Nvidia control panel? Also, I have tried that and it has not worked.

4. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

It really depends on what route you are running. I run on a desktop with midrange config (should be around the performance of a higher end laptop) with medium/high settings and FPS cap set in game at 35 and sometimes it just spikes below 30 for no reason without maxing out CPU or GPU. Then it is smooth for a while again.
    On the HMA route I also get drops where its getting limited by GPU, on other routes just the intermittent stutter.
    Read some suggestions and articles that it could be more related to how the game handles storage and the streaming textures from HDD/SSD, faster the drive the less stutter happens.
    I would not put a lot of hope in this changing, maybe with the long promised memory optimizations they would have to rely less on the disk.