Frankfurt U-bahn Route (first Tram Line In Tsw)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I noticed Just Trains released a Tram line in Train Sim 2020. Im absolutely inlove with this DLC. Trams in TSW? I would love if this was possible. The good news is that it's already been created for Train sim 2020 so i'd be a matter of porting it over and making it all work with this game engine and filling in all the paperwork. Looks like you got a neat old style tram along with a more updated variant, city and suburbia mix line with gorgeous sight seeing. Please DTG work something out here with Just trains. It costs 58 AUD but if you want more i'd pay cause there's nothing like it ever done for TSW. 2019-10-30 22_02_54-Window.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Frankfurt, Cologne-Bonn, Düsseldorf, Essen, Hannover, Karlsruhe... Germany has many interesting lightrail networks to choose from :)

Porting over from TS to TSW is not possible unfortunately, so it'd have to be rebuilt from scratch. And since we have Frankfurt for TS already, maybe a different one for TSW. My personal favourite would be Düsseldorf:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/stadtbahn-düsseldorf-düsseldorf-lightrail.18446/#post-96031

However and whatever it is, I would absolutely LOVE a lightrail route for TSW!

3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

...laughs in Matt Peddlesden

Seriously though, a cool idea, but a different scope compared to what TSW routes are like right now.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not quite "filling in the paperwork" as because it's a different game it'd mean getting a different license from the operator, tram owner, any other copyright or IP owners...

5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Well, that's kinda the idea ;)

I get your point though. That would most likely require newly modeled assets for a whole lot of things, down to the rails themselves, including street-running sections. Signage and signalling systems...

At least scenery-wise, LIRR, SFJ, RRO and even the old GWE have proven that you guys are very much able to create believable urban environments, so I would have about zero worries about that aspect.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe he meant "It's not as simple ass an import from what TSx has" so yes, everything would need to be created from scratch