Frankfurt U Bhan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Jul 26, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So, i really enjoy suburban/metro type services, and i gave a look at the Frankfurt U Bahn and i really enjoy the route, rolling stock, scenery and the fact that it features the whole network. What can you say me about this route? Thanks in advance!

2. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

There are a hundred reviews of this route on Steam, with 26 in English. What further information are you looking for?

3. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Member

I really like it. Great diversity with faster parts and almost tram like street driving plus also underground. Indeed whole network is there and in free roam you can even simulate a shift starting at the yard, with services changing one into another. There are spoken announcements, rolling stock is nice and different trains drive differently. Graphics is stunning, sounds are great. Also both train and tram signaling systems are implemented.

There is really one thing that annoys me about the add-on. Completely no attention to street traffic. In real life in the city center U-Bahn trains have to wait for green light on street intersections just like a tram would do. In the simulation all perpendicular street traffic is forbidden and you just have green all the time. I am aware of the simulation limitations but they could at least try to make some custom signals that would show stop signal while the cars going the same way have red. You end up going much faster than IRL because you never wait at the intersections.

Apart from that it's a great add-on.

4. trainbraint

trainbraint Active Member

Frankfurt U Bahn is one of my favourite routes in the game, even though I’ve never been to Frankfurt. The city scenery is great quality for one, the fact that the entire network is included means the overall length is similar to that of a normal route, but, with all the stops you get a lot more play time out of it. The trains are very advanced with detailed and functional cabs (would advise giving the manual a read) and the fact that an IBIS system with working announcements is included is a very nice touch. Not to mention, three different types of train are included, plus AI tram and S-Bahn stock.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Frankfurt U-Bahn is a nice route - spoilt by the lack of road traffic - but you can run what you want ;)
    Screenshot_U-Bahn Frankfurt am Main V2_50.12755-8.72535_12-10-48a.jpg

6. trainbraint

trainbraint Active Member

And, the trains are really good to run in other places, such as tram routes you might download. It would be great if system to interconnect trains with road traffic was implemented, but I don’t think it ever would be.