Free Game & Dlcs Vs. Existing Customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trixsterdo#1074, Jul 30, 2021.

1. trixsterdo#1074

trixsterdo#1074 New Member

I must say I am very disappointed that the game is being offered for free together with various addons for which I have paid for :(:(. The most recent being in July. To date I have bought most routes, DLCs and addons which I have paid for. It is a bit of a slap in the face that I need not have done. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I understand why it is being offered free, no doubt paid for/subsidised by Epic Games but are there any plans to reward existing customers in a similar fashion on Steam?

2. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

It's only the game that's free, all the DLC is currently full price on the Epic store. Given that this is often discounted to £9.99 on Steam I don't see it as a huge deal.

Yes it's possible Steam may make a similar agreement with DTG since they occasionally offer certain games for free but since I'm assuming you already own the base game this wouldn't really help you.

The idea is to get new customers who will then go on to buy DLC in future, allowing for more money to be put into development of hopefully better future DLC.

I personally have recommended the game to three friends who wouldn't have risked spending money on the game before but hopefully will enjoy it enough to invest money at some point. Even if not, presumably the more people download it this week the more DTG get from Epic which helps everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m not disappointed at all. It’s only the base game. Hopefully it encourages more people to join the community.

If you are disappointed about people getting it free when you’ve paid for it, are you also disappointed when there is a sale and you’ve already paid full price? When things get older they are discounted this just happens to have a 100% discount.

Also this is a regular thing with Epic. Look at it as an opportunity to pick up some free games that you don’t have. I’ve had over 20 free games now that I’d never have normally bought and some of them, I’ve really enjoyed.

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

TS2021 is not available on Epic, free or otherwise. You need the TSW forums. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/trainsimworld/

BTW... only the base game is free. All DLC is still full price. (unless there is a sale).

• Like Like x 1