Free Play Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StarTr3k1701, Oct 2, 2018.

1. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

I know a lot of people are going to have a go at me about this but I wish there was a mode where you could drive whatever train you wanted wherever you wanted doing whatever you wanted. Currently in service mode it acts as a sort of free play but you must do specific services at specific times and if you try to drive off then the red lights make you restart the scenario. I hope you understand what I mean, The Rapid Transit has a free play level so why don't the others?

If you were to implement it please make it so we can choose what train we start with and don't be afraid of putting routes on the same track (I wanna try running away from a train in a train). Also only for this mode could you make the player able to change the railroad switches on the WSR route as I know most are locked, same with GWR

• Like Like x 20
  2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The first problem with that is that most routes have automated switches, so you need a defined route to drive on them.
    There is a almost freeplay scenario in NEC thanks to all the switches on the cargolines beeing manual.
    But that is not so easy doable on the other routes, it would be more like the TS20XX version where you have to define a train, route and time to drive.. but wait, we have servicemode.. where hundreds of train/route/time versions are done including AI trains..

• Like Like x 1
  3. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be opposed to hauling butt down the RSN in a pair of GEVOs with some crazy consist or taking the HST onto the NEC :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

How does RT have a free play?

5. boshjarber

boshjarber New Member

I agree, railtour runs on the gwe with the stock from wsr would be awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ACS64

ACS64 New Member

Or a co-op would be cool, like 6 players and AI as well

7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

At least they could add a freeroam scenario or two different ones per route, as in CSX and NEC. That would be a beginning… The one at NEC gives you quite bit freedom to play around indeed.

Cheers

8. williamparris2010

williamparris2010 New Member

I would love that to be featured in the game

• Like Like x 1
  9. mahermichael746

mahermichael746 New Member

Yes, I would agree that “free mode “ would be a great idea, especially driving the freight trains. I think that I spend more time driving around on the NEC - New York Switcher scenario than the other services. DTG please include this in all of the new future expansions, we already love your game, but we will love it more with this addition. Thank you my friends, and have a great day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That isn’t possible.

11. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

don't mean to step on toes but the real reason free play wouldn't work is because the game runs off of a timetable set for coming and going trains so your talking about rewriting there code for the whole game

12. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

You properly don't know this but in the Beta build of the game they did say Online Mulitplayer would be in this game unknown when at what point

13. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

I think th scenario editor thing will be this