Free Roam Save Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kim1087, Sep 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Free Roam Scenarios are where the player is free to play with no objectives and no A.I. so I can't see why each one can't have an independent save implemented.

Imagine after spending hours shunting /switching wagons and lining them up in some sidings and then having to start again from scratch then next time with everything always in its default positions. I would like to go back to there again the next day or after a week and everything will be there where I left them so I can then continue where I left off.
    Unlike a 'Save Game' feature this would just save the state of the scenario and record all the positions of everything. I could walk over to an exit marker, and be given the chance to save and exit, I would then be given my points and the positions of everything is recorded on a separate game file.

what im proposing is that each Free Roam Scenario has its save file so the player can start with all the locos and wagons where they were last left instead regardless of when they were last played and independent of any 'Save Game' core feature.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

This would open up freight to be more fun. I personally can't get into them because too much time spent on set up and being on foot.

• Like Like x 2