Free Roam Scenarios

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dom Whibley, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

Free Roam Scenarios

In TS, many people, including myself, love to play the game via free roam scenarios. What these are, are scenarios in which you place down lots of trains and choose to drive one when you press play. Here is my proposal for how this could work effectively in TSW.

Essentially it would work like this. You would add a consist, just like you do in the normal scenario editor and choose where you want to place it. A real bonus would be the option to put trains in yards and select the shed road to create an array of trains to choose from in one place. You would do this until you have all the consists you want in the scenario. You would then select where you would like the player to spawn.

When the scenario is loaded, you will spawn where you told the player to spawn and then from there, you can walk or drive to any train and take it for a drive wherever you like with no limitations and no red signals, allowing for more freedom and a game that feels a lot less restricted.

It would be a simple, yet really effective and enjoyable game mode.

If you do like this idea, please upvote the thread so DTG can see this, as I would love to hear their thoughts, even if it's just being told it won't work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Just go Passenger Mode, Go to a random Station and enter a random Train

• Like Like x 1
  3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

that don't help s h I t as you are still bound to a specific route

4. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

The problem there, is that say I want to turn round to go the other way and maybe do returns until I'm bored at which point I could choose to park back up in the depot. Maybe I want to do a return across half the route. Maybe I want to go at my own pace to allow me to explore the route more or alternatively pelt the route at whatever speed I choose. Maybe I just want to have a bit of fun, not necessarily doing things prototypically. The current timetable and even the scenario planner don't allow that sort of route freedom.