French Tgv Railway Targeted For "sabotage"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by operator#7940, Jul 26, 2024.

1. operator#7940

operator#7940 Well-Known Member

French TGV Railway targeted for "sabotage"
    https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c28eyr3y18yo

Not sure if I believe the "terrorism" narrative. It makes sense they'd assume it had to do with the Olympics...but these are nowhere near the Olympics. Also makes little sense for Russia or "Environmentalists" to do it. Environmentalists who want FEWER electric trains?

Around here they had a rash of copper cabling thefts because of the high cost of copper at scrapyards.
    Fewer lately since a few people were found fried by high voltage....

Is that more plausible? How much could they really get out of "signal boxes"?

• Like Like x 3
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

No the first time and not the last we’re having such sabotage on the network, especially at PMP and GDN network. There’s been multiple threats to do this to disrupt the Olympic Games. Some environmentalists are really dumb especially “Stop Oil” when they protest against oil wearing clothing made by it, but honestly I think it’s more like a political action to disrupt the Olympic Games.

I send my regards to all the colleagues who are gonna work hard the whole weekend because of some d***heads. I pity everyone who’ll struggle with their trains cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes I can't quite see the logic in disrupting the most eco friendly and efficient way to travel to the games.

Those responsible should get serious jail time (now the guillotine is no longer an option).

• Like Like x 1
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Serious jail time ? No way as the justice is only bothered by what people are saying on the internet or of someone watched a movie illegally. I’m not surprised if the culprits already did this in the past and they have a huge criminal records…

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Generally environmental activists target road infrastructure. Going after rail networks at this scale is more of a state actor or political terrorism by opposition groups thing, so the Russia angle's more plausible.

6. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Like some have been saying probably putin stirring the pot some more (iykyk)

7. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Quoting D. Medvedev: "Russia's borders don't stop anywhere."

• Like Like x 1