Frustrated

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by zzisez, Aug 15, 2021.

1. zzisez

zzisez New Member

This game seems to be really glitchy. I've noticed a few things. Recently I was half way thru chapter two of Sand Patch and all my stats and saved place where I was justin that chapter just up and disappeared. All gone. Too bad. Not happy. I'm redoing the first chapter all over again. I'm 3/4 the way thru Y104-Car Switching, I've got over 10 cars on and it tells me to join another 7. Ok. So I hook into the group of 7, all locked in, and the game doesn't recognize that I've connected. No matter how many times I lock and unlock, it stays the same. GLITCH!!!! So now I've got to restart this again? Not. I can see why the game was free. I think I'm done. Unless there is an explanation?

2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've just played Y104 through on the EPG build zzisez and it seems to work fine. I've recorded it talking about what I'm doing and sometimes why. One thing I would suggest is make sure at least one of the couplers is open either on the set you are bringing in or on the set that is waiting for you to couple to. I did notice they're all shut. Sometimes the game ignores this and sometimes it doesn't. It never should :). Also make sure you've got the right track, the marker might be on the track next to it so you're actually coupling to the wrong cars. The game may not let you proceed if you do that.

You can see my run with the worst camera action ever at

Watch it through and see what I did - I rushed through this because its just about dinner time. Please ask if you have any questions. There are other tutorials there in the playlist you might find useful.

Paul

3. zzisez

zzisez New Member

Hi paul.pavlinovich, Thanks for the input. Yes, I understand the things you have talked about in your response. I will add that if the engine does not attach to the set, you can park with brake on and play with the latch also. This seems to work almost all the time with this issue, however this particular time it did not. Nothing worked. Which led me to the glitch assumption.

As far as losing a chapter and a half of stats and completions, well who knows. I just follow the prompts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Stick with it. I’ve had what you’ve said happen a couple of times. I’ve used a mix of connect and disconnect and bumping into them about 4-5mph. It will connect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zzisez

zzisez New Member

Yes, and it turns out that sometime the coupler is actually closed. So there is that as well.
    My new problem is that I can't figure out how to "contact dispatch' for permission to move onto a main rail system off of a dead line. I can't figure out how to get the permission to move, I'm literally stuck there until I do. Pressing the Tab key brings up a "Contact Signaller" function, but after clicking on it in just about every way imaginable, I can not seem to get any function out of it. I mean, really? Lol.

6. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

You should not need to do this. You can open couplers using the free camera, I recommend always opening at least one of them. Are you able to record a video of what's happening - even just using your phone to record it would do - just so I can see what is happening.

I've been stuck at red signals with the signaller off outside having a break and never answering but not like this, have you headed down a siding that has a signal to come back onto the mainline? Were you meant to go there or did you just go there (game doesn't like this much). In some of the routes the trains book out the track ahead a really long way (Clinchfield is like this) and perhaps a train that's a long way from you is holding the track until it passes. Open up the map view, zoom out, and scan along the track in both directions for something moving that is heading your way even if its far away.

Paul