Funny/annoying Transparent Trains Issue In Ts2022 Cajon Pass

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by itstypicalrailfanner16, Jan 5, 2022.

1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Okay, so let me put it straight... I started playing a career scenario in TS2022 on Steam. It was a Cajon Pass scenario that came with the SD70 V2 SD70 Volume 2 locomotive dlc. It was the BNSF SD70 Race to The Summit Cajon Pass scenario. Now I was strolling along and eventually I got to the part where I started passing huge mountains and I press 3 on my keyboard to get a good look at the end of my consist and I notice something pretty strange.
    upload_2022-1-5_14-14-10.jpeg

I could see the mountains on one of the double stack railroad cars and at first, I thought it was just the mountain reflecting off of the containers, so I look at the mountains just to double check that it's a reflection, but come to find out, it wasn't a reflection because the side that the mountains would have reflected off of would have showed the mountains I was looking at, but instead it showed the mountains on the left side of the double stack containers.
    upload_2022-1-5_14-14-48.jpeg

So, I quickly realize that the rail cars and locomotives are suddenly transparent almost as if they were ghosts. I just shrug it off as no big deal and think the bug will go away shortly, but to my horror, it wouldn't go away at all. As soon I get to the point where my train joins two other trains, and my train has to cross over to the available track while the two wait, the two trains also show to be transparent.
    upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg

These are the pictures that show the transparent locomotives and rollingstock. I recently disabled dynamic lighting before I played the 64-bit version of the game which I think may have something to do with the transparency bug. But I'm not sure. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. upload_2022-1-5_14-14-10.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-14-48.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg upload_2022-1-5_14-15-25.jpeg

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Never ever in 3,500 hrs of playing saw that. Are you using any shader enhancers? And why would you disable dynamic shadows?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2022
  3. itstypicalrailfanner16

I disabled dynamic lights not dynamic shadows because I am running the game on a potato pc in which my game attacks me with large and frequent lag spikes that happen every 10-20 seconds when dynamic lighting is on. So with dynamic lighting, my frame rate is majorly improved and there's less large lag spikes that will hand me my computer's own ass. Also, note I said it happens on Cajon Pass, not other routes. I tested other routes and it seems that no transparency bugs occur on other routes. Hell, I even tested Cajon Pass in a custom free roam rather than an actual scenario and again, doesn't happen on other trains or wagons. It seems that just that one scenario does it. Also for reference, I have the BNSF SD70 I mentioned earlier on my free roam scenario, it isn't transparent on free roam, but that one scenario, it seems to happen.

4. itstypicalrailfanner16

Any other questions? No really, any more questions? I'm not sure how much detail I may need to provide if Dovetail Games does decide to fix that bug.

5. itstypicalrailfanner16

Also, I don't use shaders as the shaders I used on Minecraft Java Edition already makes my PC extremely mad at me (although with very few mods, it usually runs almost lag free), I don't want to find out what will happen if I attempt to run shaders on Train Simulator 2022 using a potato PC.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How can Dovetail Games fix a bug on YOUR Computer?

If this was happening to everyone then a lot of people would be complaining
    This is the first time I have seen this effect and I tried to replicate it without success.

I just did a short run out of San Barnadino with out any transparent trains
    Screenshot_Cajon Pass_34.10729--117.30331_12-02-59.jpg
    Screenshot_Cajon Pass_34.11434--117.30290_12-05-23.jpg
    Back to your problem
    Try doing a Quick Drive with the default stock from Cajon Pass and see if you get the same effects.
    And try a Quick Drive with different stock to what you have the problem with.

Peter

7. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Those containers and the ES44AC are default stock.
    I'm also sure something with the settings or alpha is off, possibly the sign of a (consistent) GPU issue.
    I find those colors too weird. Looks like blue skies, yet it's really dark.
    By the way on the picture with both the BNSF and UP ES44AC you can see the rock formation itself being transparent.

Here is an old shot of roughly how it should look:
    20161219154828_1.jpg

Would you mind trying to run one of these trains on any other route, just for sake of experimenting? Donner certainly has mountains, but also Sherman at angles, and it has UP stock where transparency should be visible if there.

Also try to reset graphics settings in-scenario on the Esc menu. Among things, there is a "lights intensity" setting there, which might interfere. If nothing else, fix the darkness.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

9. itstypicalrailfanner16

Okay thanks for the suggestions guys, really helps, but please try to be less hostile and confrontational as I know Dovetail Games isn't to blame for every problem, but at the same token, there's a long list of things I could blame them for when it comes to their games.

• Like Like x 1
  10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

DTG needs us like we need them.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you state in your post that "something is wrong and DTG needs to fix it " then it will irritate people.
    Especially if they cannot replicate the problem you have

On the other hand if you ask "has anyone else got the same problem" you will get better replies

Peter

12. itstypicalrailfanner16

Hey you're absolutely right, I have nothing to say (not literally nothing to say, but you get the idea). I'm just so confused with all this back-and-forth stuff when it comes to Dovetail Games and their community. You have one side of the community that complains and says the content is bad (when in reality Dovetail Games does have some great routes out there, though they need more rollingstock and not the same rollingstock reskinned and actual railroad company liveries), then you have the other side which swears Dovetail Games' content is legendary (which is true to some extent, but not entirely or completely). I just don't know which side to take, it's a lot of conflict. I can't think with a lot of this conflict.

• Like Like x 1
  13. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Train Simulator is far from being perfect. So we're dealing with some issues on this forum. Some of which are in fact bugged DLC, and some are issues with users' hardware and configurations.

I take it what Peter was saying is it's not making things easier to say
    as it is suggesting the developer is responsible for that issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2022
  14. itstypicalrailfanner16

Well I mean honestly it can't be on my end because it never happened before. And I also found out that it happens whenever I use wellcars (the double stack ones). I haven't checked other routes yet, but I'm 100% positive that the problem isn't on my end because if it was, I would have found out the issue and stopped it, but I found out the issue and I can't stop it. So it can't be on my end.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In three separate lines you say "it can't be on my end" but it is happening on your computer but not other peoples.

If you don't know how to stop it how do you know it is not a problem with your settings?

And for a simple try the Well Cars/Double Stack train over a different route and see if you get the same problem
    You don't need a full train - say an engine and 5 wagons

If you get this Graphics Glitch on a different route you would know it is a problem with those wagons

16. itstypicalrailfanner16

Well unfortunately, I think the wagons might be the issue as they do the exact same thing on other routes. No other wagons have those problems. It's just the Cajon Pass double stacks that are causing the problem. I verified that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

003.png
    They are not. You are talking about RailWorks\Assets\Kuju\RailsimulatorUS\RailVehicles\Freight\DoubleStackCar\...
    These are used by Cajon Pass. I tested them for you. No enhancement addons used.

I think there is something wrong with your graphics card or its 3D settings. Because the loco is also affected, not only your DoubleStacks.

001.png 002.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2022
  18. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Finally try this. Uncheck the Asset pack, wait a moment, then recheck it to download again.

2022-01-28 17_30_10-Properties - Train Simulator.png

19. itstypicalrailfanner16

I did. It did the same thing. I think it probably is my PC because it never did this before so it might be my PC.

20. itstypicalrailfanner16

And the loco I use is a SD70 from the SD70 Volume 2 pack.

21. itstypicalrailfanner16

In BNSF Livery btw.

22. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So can we leave this by agreeing this is not some problem with the rolling stock, but your setup. Good luck in resolving the issue!

23. itstypicalrailfanner16

I think... the route is haunted or is haunting me... I'm just joking. I literally couldn't resist looking at my previous screen shots and making some sort of joke. Yeah. It's my PC. It's because I'm using a potato. Whenever I have the dynamic lighting off, it seems to affect wellcars from a specific dlc (I think either the US Loco and Asset Pack or from the default Cajon Pass route) as it doesn't seem to behave that way with other wellcars. I think I'll just avoid using any Cajon Pass or US Loco and Asset Wellcars. I always have dynamic lighting and clouds off because of my horrible PC and don't really have money like that to buy a MUCH better one. My grandmother, obviously doesn't know about powerful PCs and I'm trying to tell her that powerful PCs are expensive. I don't want cheap bucket PCs either, I like to have reliable PCs, that are powerful, not to be picky. Eventually I'll get a powerful PC, but until then. No more Cajon Pass and US Loco and Asset wellcars for me.

24. itstypicalrailfanner16

Yeah thanks for trying to help. It seems my PC sucks horribly. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it until I get the money, but oh well. Thanks anyway. Now I'm going to make some more suggestions for locos and routes.

25. itstypicalrailfanner16

Your post is so real it's unreal.

26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not as unreal as your ghost train. ;)

27. itstypicalrailfanner16

lol ikr