Game Blocking At The Same Point

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by souleymane#2785, Sep 10, 2021.

1. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Hello, so for the last dlc on dresden i have a bug when arriving towards the terminus in dresden. The game crashes and then puts me on the xbox home page. Can you advise me or if there are others to which it happened? Thanks for reading

2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

What type of Xbox?

3. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

They are already aware of the issue, you aren't alone, My game probably crashes 9/10 times around Mitte station on Xb1, I have read that people have also been experiencing it on the Series S and X so My guess is an issue with the Xbox version of the game because I've heard nothing from PS or PC players and browsing the forums for their respective platforms doesn't bring up anything about crashes

4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Is it an out of memory crash

If so;

then it Sounds like an issue that Xbox one and Xbox one X had with Schnellfahrstrecke when coming into Koln HBf particularly with a ICE service from Aachen, The issue seems to fix itself on series X versions as I’ve never experienced a game crash and a out of memory message since switching to next gen

Also if so, it sounds like a memory optimisation fix is required as older consoles can’t handle too much is what sounds like it is that is happening here

As a temporary fix to try, if you own other dlc that goes on the route that isn’t from Dresden dlc itself try uninstalling it temporarily when playing the route to see if lightening the work load for the Xbox to handle helps you complete a route without crashes (I think it was Main spessart bahn not being installed that helped out on Schnellfahrstrecke crashes)

5. aaronbrall#7894

I have noticed and did submit a ticket to DTG that the ICE was not showing up on the route, I can select it from the menu but as soon as I load the route the game crashes, when I spawn on foot when an ICE train should be at Dresden or Riesa, it never shows up, the BR101 shows up fine so I'm certain its something to do with the ICE, BUT since SKA is a base game route it cannot be uninstalled and so my theory cannot be tested

Personally i want to see a passenger density slider, I'm not too gone on the increased passengers, its cool, but it doesn't bother me so for framerate reasons I'd like to see them put that option in, because on both Boston and Dresden, and the upcoming BML route it will 1) boost framerate slightly, 2) reduce the chance of memory crashes

6. AtherianKing

I use a Xbox series X and operated an ICE service today from Dresden-Riesa and all went fine, sounds like if it is causing it then it is closer linked with older consoles and perhaps Series S

memory optimisation sounds like quite a priority if older consoles are going to keep getting newer routes especially as the new routes seem to get busier and therefore more demanding of memory

7. aaronbrall#7894

No doubt, but for this one I am sceptical about the optimisation, and the reason why is because I have been browsing the PS forums and on other forums online, PS4 users don't seem to be getting crashes related to memory, I think its an issue that needs to be looked into more before DTG click the "remove Layers" button

8. AtherianKing

True, memory optimisation has been done to some extent to things from DTG but in the case of the older consoles crashing and that it ain’t that common for memory optimisation updates to release I think the time where production of new routes/locos and work on old gen consoles will cease before needed optimisation, making removing layers/services seem more likely, certainly seems the quickest but not best way

9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm on a Series X and no crashes on my system at all.

10. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I think uninstalling some dlc would help free up some memory because, I uninstalled Main Spessart Bahn and that has helped out with finishing a run on SKA and HBL. Think I’ll uninstall RSN as well and maybe do a clearing of the cache on my Xbox one.

11. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. This is something we're aware of, and thanks for flagging.

Can I ask that if you're having specific issues, that you head to the 'Technical Reports' forum, and let us know (in as much detail as you can!), where you're seeing the problems (which platform you're playing on/scenario/loco/part of the route). Video and images are great for us as well to help diagnose the issue.

Thank you very much, and apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

12. souleymane#2785

Xbox one s

13. souleymane#2785

I'm in Xbox one s