Game Launch Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by FunnybadassTV, Jul 1, 2020.

1. FunnybadassTV

FunnybadassTV Member

Hi, I wanted to make the game in a window and at max size but when I restart it, the game starts but don't show anything but the little window while openning. can someone help me?

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. FunnybadassTV

FunnybadassTV Member

no it doesn't works

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Well it was a thought. I haven't had this problem myself (though I made the same settings change when I was troubled by TS locking up- having it in a window with the desktop behind it makes it easier to get to the Task Manager) so I'm guessing really. Here's a couple of ideas though.

It sounds as if you changed one or more of the settings to something your system can't handle for some reason- a screen resolution outside the capabilities of your GPU or something like that. Of course if that's the case you can't change the settings until you have TS running and you can't open TS until you do something about the settings. If that's the situation look in the RailWorks directory for a file called playerprofile.bin. This keeps your settings so if you delete it (or you might prefer to move or rename it to be on the cautious side) then start TS again it will make a new profile file with default settings for your system. Not necessarily the settings you would like it to have so you will have to change them but they will allow TS to start.

You could also have a look in Task Manager to see if TS is actually running when you try to start it.

5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Sometimes Windows can incorrectly handle the window focus when changing from Full Screen to Windowed mode. Once the Splash screen disappears (the small graphic in the centre of the screen), try hovering your mouse pointer over the Train Simulator taskbar icon and, when the small preview window pops up, move your mouse pointer over the preview, right-click and select Maximise.

[​IMG]

If you'd like to revert your in-game settings, go to your Steam Games Library, right-click on Train Simulator and select Properties from the menu. In the Train Simulator Properties window, click Set Launch Options and type: -SafeMode

Click ok then Launch Train Simulator. You can then change your settings in-game. Once complete, exit from Train Simulator, repeat the steps above to remove the -SafeMode text and the next time you start Train Simulator, you'll be using the new settings.

Hope this helps.

Deleting the PlayerProfiles.bin file will remove any game progress information, is not recommended and completely unnecessary if you simply use the -SafeMode launch option to make changes to the in-game display settings.

Best, Steve