Game Repeatedly Crashes On Start Up (v62.8b Scanning Scenario Database)

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Buynot, May 10, 2018.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I had downloaded a scenario pack for Horseshoe Curve which has about 19 scenarios in it. My game now no longer loads up and freezes before I get to the main menu, I get a pop up about a dump file being saved, and then it says Railworks has stopped working. I now know that this is because I tried downloading too many scenarios at once. I have unsubscribed form all workshop scenarios, and have reinstalled the game twice now. I have also verified my game files. I do not know what to do at this point. I have commented on another thread about this as well as submitted a ticket, both of which I did not get a reply from. I have run out of ideas on how to fix this, and this has been going on for almost a week now. Please, could someone help me find a solution?

2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Buynot,

We have a small team in Customer Support that only work limited hours and it's not always possible to give instant responses. We receive hundreds of requests for support every day and they are answered in the order they're received, so it can sometimes take a little bit of time before someone can get back to you. If you can provide me with your ticket number, I'll ask someone to take a look at it and get back to you.

In the meantime, could you try uninstalling the scenario pack and see if that makes Train Simulator work again?

Let me know how you get on.

Best, Steve

3. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

First, I would like to apologize for seeming impatient, I'm just really frustrated about this right now. I tried uninstalling the scenario pack as well as all of my workshop scenarios. The game is still not loading. My ticket ID is #RVA-111-36662.
    Thanks for replying to this.

4. TrainSim-Steve

Totally understand how frustrating this must be, and thanks for the update Buynot, and the ticket number, I'll get someone to look into it as soon as possible.

While you're waiting, would you mind running through this handy checklist to see if it solves your problem. If nothing changes after trying each step, we'll need the required details from Step 10 - if you can get this together ready for the response on your ticket, it will save some time.

Best, Steve

5. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I went through the checklist and it works now! I had to to a clean re install for it to work but now it works! Thank you for the help!

6. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks for letting us know Buynot, really glad to hear you're now back up and running.

Best, Steve