Fishing Sim World Game Won't Launch On Steam [fixed]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by scott#5725, Apr 10, 2021.

1. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Submitted a ticket, Fishing Sim World Pro Tour won't launch from steam, No joy, followed all of the advice, pretty standard stuff, sfc scannow, clean boot, drivers ect, ect. Even re downloaded the game and re installed steam, still nothing, so I installed The Catch and guess what...it won't run either. Funny all my other games re installed and work fine.

Here's the skinny:
    New hardware...motherboard, cpu, m2's, ram and power supply, same ole gpu, put it all together, fired it up, installed a clean win 10 latest build from usb, activated, installed all the drivers, chipset, audio ect, directx, newest nvidia drivers, installed the latest visual C++, dot net up to date with newest os build, and the system runs like silk, not a single error, installed steam from the web installer and then Fishing Sim World Pro Tour from a backup...no go, crashes, all I get is the preparing to launch window then nothing, so I checked the admin console event viewer and see an app crash error ID 1000, look that up and find a dozen or so fixes for that, mostly the same stuff I already listed above and still nothing so re downloaded and still a no go and now the catch won't work as well, but American Truck sim, Nascar Heat 5 and Elite Dangerous work great so...whats a guy to do? Not looking like the new game is gonna be on my wish list.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi scott#5725, we replied to you this morning on Steam too, but just a heads up that once the team reaches your ticket you should get a reply from them.

3. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'm at my wits end, I've been thru dozens of fixes, turns out this is a (not so Simple)
    exception code: 0xc0000005, memory violation, and yes I've tested my physical ram, my best guess
    is that something in the games coding does not jive with the newest build of the os.

4. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Can't believe I'm the only one with a problem, I've been thru a ton of possible solutions with no results, yet any other game or app I install work fine, really hope tech support can find an answer.
    Oddly the game runs long enough to load my saves from the steam cloud but the ini files in the config folder are all blank?

5. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Well after nearly 2 weeks of trying I've given up of playing again, support gave me the standard list of things to try so that was no help, after installs, re-installs, drivers, scans ect. even starting from scratch with a 2 fresh windows installs the games simply will not launch, so odd that only Dovetail games have this problem any other game or app I install work fine and my new pc purrs like a kitten...I can only hope the new game will work.

6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Shadrays, have you replied to the team to let them know that you tried the suggestions with no luck?

7. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Yes, seems its possible my processor base speed is just to weak, 2.6 GHZ but with that said it does go up to 4.4 during use with other games, the whole point of Intels turbo is to reduce power usage, I've seen benchmarks of folks playing Flight Simulator and other CPU intensive games with this very processor so it seems like it should work, as I said before all my other games play fine only Dovetail games won't launch...Chris from support seemed to think the performance should be fine and it could be an issue with MB/Chipset drivers since both the board and processor were only recently released there is only one set of drivers available, so maybe a future update could resolve problems, who knows.

8. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Can anyone confirm that using a processor with lower than the minimum 3.5 GHZ will play any Dovetail games?
    My processor's base clock is 2.6 GHZ and none of my Dovetail games will start but other games with higher
    requirements start and run fine.
    I am simply trying to determine if the processor could be an issue or if my problem lies elsewhere.

Core i5 - 11400 2.6 GHZ Turbo to 4.2 single core, 4.4 multicore

9. scott#5725

scott#5725 New Member

Well after 6 months I've finally found a solution, this was posted on a gaming forum as well an Intel related forum, found it via Bing search and it works...so if you are having an issue with your Dovetail games not launching with any Intel 11th gen processors try it.

[FIX] Game crash in Intel 10th & 11th Gen CPU's.

Some players using Intel 10th and 11th Gen CPU's have been running into issues with the game crashing upon launch.

This issue is related to a bug in OpenSSL 1.2. Any game that currently uses this version will have issues, this includes Unreal Engine 4.21

Step 1. Open "Control Panel" by searching for it in Windows search bar, by pressing the Windows button or key.
    Step 2. Go to "System & Security"
    Step 3. Go to "System"
    Step 3. Press "Advanced system settings"
    Step 4. Press "Environmental Variables"
    Step 5. Create a new "System Variable" (NOT USER VARIABLE)
    Step 6. Enter the following into the Variable name box: OPENSSL_ia32cap
    Step 7. Enter the following into the Variable value box: ~0x20000000
    Step 8. Now press OK.

Good luck works for me so far. Hopefully the new game won't suffer from this issue.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021