Gameplay Addition - Emergency And Temporary Speed Restrictions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bryer, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Would this enhance immersion for you?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2021.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't understand what you're trying to say

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

So in the United Kingdom, our railway is littered with Emergency and Temporary speed restrictions, sadly these are not replicated in Train Sim World.

I'm curious as to whether the game could have these added in to create a little bit of variation with a run in a game session.

The idea would be for the game to randomly generate emergency and temporary speed restrictions on lines within the session you're playing, giving you points for correctly slowing down and acknowledging them etc, and penalising you if you don't obey them.

ESR and TSR's come with line side indicators to allow for a brief tutorial to explain how they work to be added and then it adds a bit of spice to a run, especially if they then also added in track workers trying to fix the issue causing the speed restriction. If your session lasted long enough, you might then see the ESR had disappeared.

I'm not sure if this would work across the German and US routes as I'm not sure if they have similar systems.

• Like Like x 5
  2. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

being able to have the option for random events like emergency speed restrictions or random track side maintenance leading to reduced speed limits would be a good feature.

• Like Like x 5