Fishing Sim World Gar Fishing

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by buck0l666, Mar 14, 2021.

1. buck0l666

buck0l666 New Member

What is the best gar tactics I’ve tried everything all I catch is bass

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi buck0l666, when it comes to Gar they will bite onto the same lures as Bass which is why you're catching both. This falls down to weight being the best way to cancel out Bass.

So for example, if you fish on Lake Arnold, the top weight for a non trophy fish Gar is 32lbs 14oz and the top weight for a non trophy Largemouth Bass is 14lbs 8oz. So using a lure that attracts only larger Bass and Gar will hopefully hook you more Gar, or at least it will help ignore the smaller Bass (of which there is a majority).

A Jenko Tremor shad will catch you 9lb+ in both Gar's and Largemouth Bass. So hopefully that will help you catch fewer Bass.

If you haven't jumped in yet, we have a community Discord with lots of players passing round tips and tricks. I will pop the link below.

Discord

3. usserya

usserya New Member

Mr. Clarkey - This is Ruwster by the way (Discord) - So I just tested out that tremor shad at lake Jordan in a practice round for myself as that 9+lb tidbit was intriguing. I'm assuming that's a soft minimum on the size of fish caught? I nabbed a 5lb 10oz bass and a 6lb 9oz bass before landing my first 9lb 0oz largemouth on Lake Jordan. Or perhaps the weight to lure ratio differs from location to location? Just trying to clarify. In addition, is there a resource to track or see what the targeted weight of each lure may have?

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

In this case, the lure will attract bigger bass but you could catch as little as a 2-3lb bass. Lures will carry the same values across all venues and the information about each lure and its weights isn't a resource that is trackable online.