General Discussion Forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coastway trainspotter, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The tsw forums really need a general discussion subforum , as the TS one does and one here would allow users across all platforms to interact . This would also be good because I often have threads that I would like to post , but I don’t just want to put them in a specific platform forum , but unfortunately I end up having to a lot of the time , as the next place to put the thread would be in off-topic , but the thread wouldn’t be off topic , so until this is added I and many other forums users will have to keep using their own platforms’ subforum , severely limiting communication

• Like Like x 4
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As long as it is not actually called ‘General Discussion’ and has TSW somewhere in the sub-forum name then I’m all for it.

The reason is that the most useful tool for finding new posts is the New Posts button which only shows threads that have had something added but only the lowest sub-forum name comes up with each thread, so the sub-forum names need to be game specific or identifiable as belonging to TSW.

Currently, TS has a sub-forum titled General Discussion and the two games would be indistinguishable in the New Posts page if TSW had one with the exact same name.

I do sometimes click on some threads that have ‘Playstation’ and not ‘Playstation Discussion’ as a forum name and end up in a strange place where people are talking about fish. Eww.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

So maybe the subforum should be called ‘TSW2 DISCUSSION’ ? I think that’s a good idea :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Or what about a general discussion tab in the Forums category?

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Something along those lines would be good.