(german Diesel Route): Vogelfluglinie 2011 Lübeck - Puttgarden

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, Apr 4, 2021.

?
  1. Of course.

74 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. I’d only buy it when it’s on sale.

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Not interested, wouldn’t buy it.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Introduction:
    The famous Vogelfluglinie (Bird Flight Line) is the route between Hamburg and Copenhagen via Puttgarden, where the train crosses a ferry to reach the other side - quite unique. The route proposed shall be from Lübeck Hauptbahnhof to Puttgarden (88.6 km/55 miles) on the island of Fehmarn. In 2011, the reliable yet costly ICE-TD ran the daily high-speed services, and the 628 ran the RB and RE services, with many terminating at Neustadt (Hols) and Fehmarn-Burg a few hundred metres away from the main line, and the remaining services terminating at Puttgarden. Many freight services from Hamburg and Lübeck to Fehmarn and to the Neustadt (Hols) yard are also seen on the route. Drifting past scenic coasts and calm countrysides, it’s got a variety of scenery and services suited for all german railfans - in my opinion.

The Route:
    [​IMG]

Starting off in the city of Lübeck, the route travels northward past suburban towns towards Bad Schwartau, where the line branches northwest to Pönitz, northwards towards Puttgarden and eastward to Lübeck Travemünde. Continuing north, past Ratekau, the rural scenery starts kicking in, with beautiful farms, patches of forests, and countrysides galore. Between Haffkrug and Neustadt (Hols.) a glimpse of the coast can be seen, giving a calm mood to the services. Then, at Neustadt, where some RB services terminate, the route goes past the busy freight yard and continues north along the motorway until the town of Oldenburg (Hols). Continuing northward, the route then goes above the Fehmarnsund, past a beautiful bridge, and onto the island of Fehmarn, all the way to Puttgarden, where the services to Copenhagen move onto the ferry and where the remaining RE and RB services terminate.

Rolling Stock:
    For the RE and RB services, in 2011, the 628 took the helm of those services; a very interesting and fun DMU to drive.
    [​IMG]

For the ICE services, the ICE-TD takes over those services. A loud, powerful DMU with tilting technology, also very fun to drive.
    [​IMG]

DLCS:

For the freight services, the Br 232 was used mostly (TSG is developing it too):
    [​IMG]

There were also Br 155s which handled freight too (only between Lübeck and Neustadt):
    [​IMG]
    Why I chose this route / Why it should be added / Final Notes:
    Firstly, TSW 2 has lacked a German DMU or even a majority single track route or even a diesel route! All 3 of these issues are tackled with this route and it also brings in amazing scenery, coastal areas which have been quite rare, farms, countrysides and forests. You could also allow the ICE TD to hop on the ferry which can make things very interesting.So much variety in a route which is 55 miles - a stretch but something DTG can handle as seen with the 60 mile long Clinchfield Railroad which is in development.
    I chose the year 2011 as it’s a year with a variety of services and includes very fun DMUs, nowadays we have the common 648 and rare 218 services which are only active in the summer. Hopefully DTG can suit with the year.
    Yes I am aware the ICE TDs were leased to DSB, but I hope that an agreement can be made to license that train. If not, you can stick in the DB logo and hope someone uses the livery designer to change it.
    And that’s all. Thanks for reading as always. :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 54
  2. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

Great suggestion, and as the Hamburg-Lübeck route will be released very soon, the ICE-TD would be also a great add to that route.
    Definitive YES, would be an instant buy for me :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Thanks! And yes, they could also use the ICE TD for Hamburg Lübeck scenarios too to drive the whole length of the German Vogelfluglinie.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Own this Lubeck-Puttgarden Railway and the diesel passenger trains can be used on RRO RSN HRR HMA Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden & SKA. Furthermore the downloadable content switchers can be used in the Puttgarden Port for shunting trains off the ferry which is what Vossloh G6 BR363 & DB BR204 is for. Downloadable content in the future might be Rødby-Copenhagen Railway so that Dovetail Games can layer DSB Danish railway trains on this route and also Hamburg-Lübeck which Danish and German trains use to reach Puttgarden Felmharn Belt Ferry from Hamburg Hbf.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The BR628 was one of my favourite trains in Train Simulator. That might be reason enough for me to buy such a route. :P

But a German non-electrified rural line might offer quite a different experience from the usual electrified main lines we get in TSW. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Absolutely but I also want to be able to drive the boat, too!

7. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Mhm, thats why I thought this route would’ve been a good idea.

8. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Let’s hope Ferry Sim World comes out

9. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Ah well, you don’t need shunters to get trains on the ferry but good point, however the 628 would be outdated for pretty much all of those routes and the ICE TD was never used anywhere except this line.

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well depending on the era you would. The old D Trains were largely formed of UIC corridor coaches. The DSB ones were quite comfortable, but the DB ones had those dreadful half back plastic seats!

• Like Like x 1
  11. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Ah yes. The old D-Zugs needed shunters in the 70s if I recall correctly. But the route is based in 2011 and thankfully the trains can easily board the ferry which could make it a possibility in-game

12. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think this is a great suggestion, and I hope it gets built. It might be merged with Hamburg-Lübeck, so that the full Vogelfluglinie could be driven.

• Like Like x 1
  13. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Thanks. Hopefully, if they decide to build this route and they figure out how to merge, we may be able to drive the full German section of the Vogelfluglinie.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

I like the idea but I think it would be better if it would be set in the 70s/80s.
    You would have way more trains and stations more to do at Puttgarden.
    Freight would still use the line.
    And we could finally get some Bundesbahn stock.

• Like Like x 2
  15. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Agreed. Setting the route in the 70s or 80s would definitely spice things up - but I don’t know how they’d accurately model the buildings and roads as things have changed drastically since that era.

16. dennis14

dennis14 Member

This is a very nice idea for the TSW 2, that will be the first German Route along the Blatic. On this Route drive until 2019 the Danish EC from DSB and the German ICE to Kopenhagen. Unfortunately drove today only the RB85, RE85 and the Intercity

17. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

All ICE TD are done in real life and many are destroyed yet.
    The 218 was driving there with IC Wagen alongside the 628.
    15876A15-F5DF-4F78-8CF0-957FBC7F343E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

why no IC3 and btw the service no longer runs this way towards denmark but WE NEED IC3 a non DB train

19. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

and no lints?

20. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Firstly, no IC3 because it’s 2011 - and the licensing for that train would probably be incredibly hard. Two, I know it doesnt run this way to Denmark anymore but the route is set in 2011 when it DID go through this route. Thirdly, the TD was a non-DB train as it was leased to DSB.
    And Lints didnt run in this route in 2011. Next time read the title properly.

21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Thankfully. There's enough modern German stuff already. One of the reasons I upvoted this suggestion was the inclusion of older rolling stock.

22. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I would love to drive an BR 628. I've grown up with them till around 2014 when they got replaced by Lints sadly.

23. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yeah we really need some older German routes - even if they’re set ~10 years before today. Hopefully DTG can pursue a route around that era (even more hopefully they can pursue this route!)

24. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

We definitely need some old German routes, preferably with diesel trains. I wish DTG would repeat the survey about German stuff: they said the majority of players prefers odern content, but maybe the situation is different now...

25. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

They should add rødby færge to the route so we can ride the train ferry

26. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Riding a ferry for an hour wouldn’t be very interesting - there’s really no need for that. However, I would like them to model the ferry so we can get the train to ride on it - and that’s where a scenario to puttgarden would end.

27. dennis14

dennis14 Member

I would very much welcome this route in TSW2 as this line is due to be closed in October this year for 7 years due to the construction of this line. Lübeck - Puttgarden is a beautiful old route along the Baltic Sea. On this route you could then take the DB BR 648, DB ICE TD, DB BR 218 and the IC3 from the DSB. The lines RB/RE85, IC, ICE and EC run on the route. So a lot of train rides you could drive. I would buy this route. Also because there are beautiful sights such as the famous Fehmarnsund Bridge or the train rides in Puttgarden on the ferry to Denmark.

upload_2022-3-12_12-44-30.png
    upload_2022-3-12_12-44-57.png
    upload_2022-3-12_12-46-7.png
    upload_2022-3-12_12-47-38.png

28. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

And you just bumped this thread great

29. SpDrS42

SpDrS42 Member

i would recommend to change the year to 1990-1996. In this years you have a lot of freight and passenger train services on this route and most of the stations are not reduced. It would make more sence to introduce the BR 216/218, 290 and 360 with some freigt and passenger waggons (maybe you can use the IC-Waggons) instead of the BR 605, which is mostly unused now.

30. amityblight#4241

amityblight#4241 Member

Forgive me please for bumping this ancient thread, but I just had the same idea and was looking if anyone suggested it already. :)

This could be something for an ambitious creator! Although the landscape may not be too impressive (sorry locals), it would be fairly straightforward to build, I reckon. But the route also features unique points of interest like the Fehmarnsund bridge or the ferry harbour along its run, which we haven't seen yet along German routes in TSW.

It could also serve as a good showcase for TSG's 218, when that one's ready to be released. If the route would be set during the 2000's, it could be well populated by 628, 363, 155 and so on in a wide variety of services. Perhaps even the criminally underused 204. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  31. Caravatt

Caravatt Active Member

Day one purchase for me!

• Like Like x 1
  32. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah! Another great diesel suggestion :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are spot on with that speaking of the 363 and 204 you can use them on the ferry docks to put the trains onto the ferries both in and out. This is what this is known for in real life a train ferry with Scenery.