German Freight Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pterocles#7018, Feb 19, 2022.

1. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

Could someone advise a video tutorial how to set up the German freight trains? Or is there a pdf manual maybe?
    I went through some threads here but it was waaay too difficult to understand.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Go to the post about Riesa-Dresden freight trains. For DB BR143 pulling a Freight train Brake PZB Sifa pantograph switches are in the engine room. Default is R brake on DB BR143

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I tried to summarise all you need to do here for another forum user. Perhaps this could help you as well?

5. pterocles#7018

Thank you, it definitely can help me. A lot to learn it seems....

6. pterocles#7018

Ok, I have done it. Took me an hour or so, but I think I finally get it,though testing will likely uncover more questions.

The first is: it is mentioned that some wagons brake wight actually count for 2 wagons? Do I understand correctly? Which are these wagons?

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Don’t think so. For permanently coupled wagons (like the auto cars and container cars), the brake weight applies to each individual car, not to both units together.

OpenMinded, sorry for pinging you, but could you confirm whether I’m talking rubbish here? Does a Laaers 560 unit for example have a brake weight of up to 56t per individual car or per permanently coupled 2-car unit?

8. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Your assumption is correct, these permanently coupled cars count individual and have their own brakes. I can’t check the value currently, however, pterocles#7018 , I highly recommend a spreadsheet by tygerways#2596 , called „vmax-fright133m_Buchfahrplan_v03.11, available on his discord channel. It does a couple of other things as well, however, the first page allows you to freely select a DRA fright train set up and see what numbers come out the back. Maybe useful for playing around and checking plausibility of your calculations.

There is an actual invite to his discord (for another topic, but you will find the other file there too) over here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/buchfahrplan-tool-for-dresden-–-chemnitz.52161/

• Like Like x 1