German Switchers

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ricky, May 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

I was thinking of buying the two German switchers are they any goods and is there any problems I should be aware of them and I I want them because I already have the mp15 which is really fun thank you and have a great day

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Br 363
    For most useres, this is the superior product. With its interesting throttle and hydraulic transmission, it's a very unique driving experience.
    The services coming with it (and there are lots of them) are excellent and include a lot of interaction with mainline traffic - both the switching services and the mainline services are driveable.
    The Br 363 was done with assistance of TSG, which means that you can expect very good and accurate sounds and physics.
    Br 204
    This was Rivet's first product for TSW and sadly - it shows. The model itself is very good.
    The problems come with the gameplay. You get 4 scenarios - 3 of which don't really offer anything interesting while the last one is excellent (2 hours scenario with mainline action). The service mode is uninspired. You only get a handful of services, all of them use their own loco (so no staying in locos to chain link services is possible). The services themselves rarely feature anything other than short A-B services.
    My recommendation
    When it comes to Br 204 vs Br 363, I can't recommend the 204 over the 363. The 363 is perhaps one of the best loco DLCs to date while the 204 is average at best.
    I do want to note though, that you should consider what you enjoy about switching before buying one of them. If you like the "pure" switching in yards, the 363 has got you covered. But if you enjoy running along short branchlines more, then the 204 may be worth it to you. ​

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

Ok thanks I may just get both because I don't mind short a to b timetables

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

FWIW, the 363 can be repainted in Livery Designer; the 204 cannot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

You can't use them for any services outside of the routes they were intended for

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which is a crying shame

• Like Like x 1
  7. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

i have both. Bought it, because i thought i can access some sidings and remote tracks. Since it is impossible to access e.g. Elverslingsen RSN, i ll never buy any switchers anymore. A to B is nice, but i am wondering why so much potential is wasted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I have both, and enjoy both. I think the 363 is better value (service mode is especially good IMO), but the 204 does give you access to some previously off-limits parts of MSB....

• Like Like x 1