1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting A Lot Fewer Strikes On Manor Lake: 1.3 Per Sim Hour

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Derrick Miller, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

With the sim setting to default I am seeing very few strikes on 18-20 mm baits...seem to be long periods of inactivity and then maybe one or two fish caught. On all sides of the lake, time of day, and regardless of wind direction. Am I alone on this?

Just logged this. Fished 12 sim hours on default settings. Location was the three pegs on the south side of the lake at the bent willow tree. This was the windward bank. Fished boilies and dumbells on #4 hooks, 25 lb test line.

Got 16 strikes in 12 hours of actual line in the water time, landed 15 fish. Longest time between strikes was just shy of 2 hours.

I just want to know if this is the intended experience.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

Tried it again, 12 sim hours gave me 8 strikes with 6 fish landed and 2 throwing the bait before I could pick up the rod. South bank, last peg on left of map.

On a positive note I was able to see from my log that all strikes came within 20 minutes (most around 10) of sim time after the bait was set and 4 of the 6 fish along with the two thrown baits were on the 18mm TNT boilie.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

Dropped to 18 lb line and #6 hooks and baited all lines with TNT. Fished 6 more sim hours. Tried to keep moving the lines every 30 minutes. 8 strikes and 8 fish landed. 1.3 fish per hour just like my first test.

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal

Interesting. Normally when I go just for carp ( which I think is the target at manor from what I read , don't have it yet ) I never go higher than 6 hooks and 18mm bait. I never use 4 hooks and never use 20mm tiger for carp. Most used setup is 6 hooks with 15mm boilies and I get most of the bosses. But sounds like that doesn't make a difference at manor. Is the TNT 15mm ? I can't remember now

5. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

I haven't tried the 15mm yet. On the 18 mm my smallest fish was 11 lb and largest-ish has been a handful of 30-ish lbs. They typical fish has been in the mid 20 lb range. I have only tricked two of the bosses, so far and it was on 18mm. I may have to reorganize my tackle box.

6. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

WikusMazal, I think you just unlocked one of the secrets of Manor Farm...15 mm baits on #6 hooks. Just caught 6 fish in 2 sim hours with only one of them being on 18mm. The 15s were really producing! Good call. :)

7. tracko644

tracko644

Just tried a couple of hours & didnt notice any difference with bite frequency, fishing next to overhanging tree. Plenty of carp & 1 cat on 4 hooks & 25lb line. Fished between 8 & 6 yrds after a couple of spods

8. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

That's what I was hoping to hear, tracko644. It could be just the roll of the dice in my sessions. Thanks for the feedback.

Come to think of it, I never fished that close in those sessions with 15 yards maybe being the closest to the bank. I will give that a try. Again, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017