Xbox Getting Rid Of Dlcs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by gregorhudak#7280, Mar 17, 2023.

1. gregorhudak#7280

gregorhudak#7280 Member

Hello everybody, I'm approaching you with a very strange question. I own the Nahverkehr Dresden DLC, and, don't laught at me, I find it boring and yes I know that I have like 5 new locos there and so on, but the lightning is bad and overall I'm not enjoying it, only thing I want to buy now is the DB 101. It is on my bucket list for well over a year now and I really, really want it. Unfortenately, I have to buy the Rhein-Ruhr DLC, which pisses me off since I only want the 101. I would like to ask if there is some magic way to 'swap' one DLC for another, btw I'm aware of the fact that I've played on the Dresden route for well over 2 hours, probably like 10 or so. I have no problem with buying the 101, it would just be wonderful if i could swap the routes.
    Any help is welcomed. Sorry for the long text, I couldn't squeeze it to a shorter form.
    Cheers

2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Well it’s an interesting idea, but no. You can’t swap DLCs. If you are passed the refund window, then that’s it. You own it.

I do recommend the DB BR 101 though. It’s excellent.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Also you should not need the base route to buy the 101 if you got another route to run it on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I think DRA is one of the best German routes available.
    Also, owning more routes is better, as you get more locos and services.
    Last but not least: if you buy 101 and HRR, you get to play the 101 on DRA as well as HRR.

• Like Like x 4
  5. gregorhudak#7280

gregorhudak#7280 Member

So if I buy it without the base route will it show up? Many people have told me the opposite. :(

6. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´m beating this horse for years now: A trial version should be mandatory for every game software. This 2 hours refunding window is a joke if you want to grasp the essence of a new route DLC, or even of a new loco addon.

But yes, the DB BR 101 is a masterpiece of a DLC and if you´re on Gen9 console or PC, she´ll nicely fit into DRA as well (apart from other routes). Well worth it, IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  7. gregorhudak#7280

gregorhudak#7280 Member

What if I buy it without HRR?

8. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It was that way, but I think DTG changed that with TSW3 and it is not required anymore. I would ask support before doing anything just in case that only works for native TSW3 content.
    Maybe DTG JD or DTG Alex can tell us for sure.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  9. gregorhudak#7280

gregorhudak#7280 Member

Well, I still have active TSW2, so it might work, in the worst case I'll try to get a refund.

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This only works with NEW loco packs - anything released before TSW 3 still needs the base route to play.

OP you do need to buy HRR to get the BR 101.

11. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This is correct. Loco decoupling is only for content which has released since TSW3 in September 2022.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

DTG now has a habit of putting solo dlc locomotives into routes so it's strange the db br 101 hasn't yet been offered in a route then just a solo dlc that requires a specific route.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One reason to keep Riesa-Dresden is because although it doesn't include any "new" rolling stock, all the locos and wagons in it are notably upgraded versions compared to their predecessors (for example, functioning R/P/G brake setups), and they sub in to all routes where that rolling stock type runs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification.

15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Agreed. If he likes german content it is well worth having it even if it is just for the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

Maybe we could have that if people didn't abuse the system. But no, you can't buy a product, return it a day later and demand refunds because "you didn't like it", doesn't work that way.

Besides, I've not had any issues with the 2 hour limit i this game, I've never passed the limit, last time I refunded a route was the day Linke Rheinstrecke was released. I experienced, and noticed every flaw with the route listed on the forums within that time frame.

17. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

But of course it does. And why not?
    There´re many 30-days-money-back-guaranty products out there. And selling fine. It´s just that the game software industry seems to act in a somewhat unregulated grey area, sort of a virtual wild wild west. Their EULAs are ´fun´ to read. Loooots of rights, hardly any duties.
    Having DTG´s (or EA´s) track record in mind, I simply don´t agree.
    And then there ARE some serious software producers that DO offer trial versions, either with a clock countdown, say 7 days, or limited features.
    Not really difficult to code such versions.

I am not that lucky. Especially when you purchase several DLCs at once, maybe in holiday or EoY sales. Some routes I don´t touch for weeks. Every man to his taste, sure, but how you discover some serious flaws on e.g. Sherman Hill within 2 hours, I fail to see.
    (Which BTW, would´ve been the only route I´d refunded, but that´s not the point here ...).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

Well fair enough, but on the other hand, refunds and such are on Steam, Xbox and Playstation, I know that refunds in general are a relatively new thing on the consoles, the easy way anyway, I assume it has something to do with EU laws or something similar.
    Do games even offer trials anymore? I remember getting hooked on the demos for Hitman back in the day, and hell, I wouldn't discovered gaming in general if it wasn't for the Farming Simulator demos..

Fair, I didn't consider that, it's a convincing argument for sure.

• Like Like x 1