Fishing Sim World Gillhams (fsw)

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by tonygee07, Mar 24, 2021.

1. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

Hiya,

I've started playing FSW again after many months. I've played Gillhams Resort two hours a day for four days and not one bite. Take into account before this period I only need six Boss Fish to complete this lake, so I know how to play this game.

I thought I maybe going mad so I clarified what I need to use to catch the fish in Gillhams and still no fish bite on any rod. When an update occurs on the xbox one fishing habits completely change. This has been the worst investment I have made in a video game.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...lhams-fishing-resort-species-and-baits-to-use

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi tonygee07, Gillhams is a particularly tricky venue to fish on. Essential Cell Boilies and Monster Reds are great baits to use on this venue. You can also try fishing in the margins, a lot of the fish hang around right on the edges. For some of the Carp, you may need to go down to a size 4 or 6 hook rather than a size 2. If you're still not getting any luck, join our community Discord as lots of tips chucked about in there.

3. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

Hi there,

I said in my OP "Take into account before this period I only need six Boss Fish", it makes your reply null and void?

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Which Trophy Fish are you still yet to catch on the venue?

5. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

I cannot catch any fish whatsoever, I'm not concerned about boss fish for now, that can take weeks sometimes months. I cannot catch any fish at all (apart from a few small common carp), so I'm assuming there is a glitch. When I first purchased this carp pack I was catching Arapaima, Catfish, Siamese Carp with ease. It's actually not a hard lake at all like you suggest. The game is full of issues because the updatess change the way it plays, I have been playing this since release, I know how it works by now.

6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

As the only gameplay change we have made is to skip charming for lure fishing, this shouldn't be the case to have a change in your catch rates for baits. Could you submit a ticket for the team to take a look, provide as much info including the setups you have used, what other venues you have installed or equipment packs, and what version number your game is running. As much info as possible will help the team.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

7. Blutengel27

Blutengel27 New Member

hey i have the same problem i started playing agian yesterday after 1 year and this lake is so dead now i have used so many set up changed the time of day and the weather but nothing seems to work

8. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

Yeh, deadbaits/lures on this lake don't work at all. The last update screwed this lake up and a few other lakes too including Laguna Iquitos.

I purchased The Fisherman- Fishing Planet when on sale a few weeks ago (£18.54), while it isn't perfect, it does have a great progression system with so many different achievements to go for. I recommend this game and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Fishing planet has a real video game structure to follow with loads to unlock and a varied gameplay experience depending on your fishing style.

I've finally uninstalled FSW, it drives me nuts.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  9. luckk

luckk New Member

Im glad to be here

10. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I am having same issues. Spent almost 20 hours over the last 7 days on Gillhams and only caught 8 fish. This lake is seriously broken!

11. Bassington

Bassington Member

Im personally not having an issue (caught a bunch of fish during my DFL attempts yesterday).

For you and a couple of people on the discussion thread on Steam I’ll try and do a gameplay for my channel this week and post it up for you and the others to see - hopefully it’ll help. I’ll get back to you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Thanks, I am doing much better now. I just scored 1,100+ lb on the last DFL carp match the other day. I was doing really well yesterday and was catching good. Some times the lake may load a blank, but exiting and reloading fixes the problem.

What was happening last month is I was chasing after the common carp bosses I needed (I got them all now) and was using size 4 hooks. I haven't fished Gillhams in 3 years so I kind of forgotten that the Gillhams doesn't have a large common carp population.

What's your channel, I'll give you a follow. I enjoy watching other people's streams/vids while I fish.

I have just caught my last boss fish on Euro Fishing last night to complete the game. Now I am working on Fishing Sim World and The Catch.

13. Bassington

Bassington Member

Hi, ah that’s good glad you got back to smashing them..

Heres one hotspot for you and the guys above to try with details of setup included.

• Like Like x 2